81. The Battle of the Williamsburg Bridge

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 81

The Battle of the Williamsburg Bridge

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

A/N: Enjoy the 100k special. It's only 5000 words but trust me Theo goes ham in the chapter as well as a few more plot points come to life. Thank you for 100k!

Honestly, Theo ranks Pegasi higher than Uber.

Percy gave his best taxicab whistle, and within a few minutes, two dark shapes circled out of the sky. They looked like hawks at first, but as they descended, Theo could make out the long galloping legs of pegasi.

Yo, boss. Birdsnest.

"C'mon, man", Theo complained.

Blackjack landed at a trot, and his friends Porkpie and Cisco were behind him. Man, I thought those wind gods were gonna knock us to Pennsylvania until we said we were with you!

"Thanks for coming," Percy told him. "Hey, why do pegasi gallop as they fly, anyway?"

Blackjack whinnied. Why do humans swing their arms as they walk? I dunno, boss. It just feels right. Where to?

"We need to get to the Williamsburg Bridge," Theo said. Blackjack lowered his neck. You're darn right, Birdsnest. We flew over it on the way here, and it doesn't look good. Hop on!

On the way to the bridge, Theo was already thinking ahead of what was going to happen as soon as they touched down: an army being led by two of the most formidable monsters in Greek Mythology. Lamia and the Minotaur.

The Minotaur was one of Percy's first monster kills, up on Half-Blood Hill almost four years ago, on the same night that the Minotaur nearly killed Sally, resulting in the quest for the lightning bolt.

Lamia, on the other hand, was Theo's almost arch-enemy. He had bested her once before, back at Tessa's place, but then Lamia tied up their battle when she drove a spear through Theo's gut and almost killed him. Needless to say, Theo wanted his get back and hopefully could finally end this personal battle.