69. The Underworld Needs Some Ghostbusters

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ─────

Chapter 69

The Underworld Needs Some Ghostbusters

Third POV

───── ─────

"Nice," Theo said grinning whilst looking above at what the others thought was absolutely nothing. 

"What?" Beckendorf questioned and Theo looked at him and shook his head and smiled, "You wouldn't get it.

They walked for what seemed like eternity. Three more petals withered from the carnation, which meant it was now officially half dead. The flower pointed towards a range of jagged grey hills that looked like teeth, so the group trudged in that direction over a plain of volcanic rock.

"So who is this Melinoe?" Theo asked.

"Long story," Nico said. "Long, very scary story."

Theo was about to ask what he meant when Beckendorf dropped to a crouch, "Weapons!"

Theo drew Earthbreaker. He looked pretty terrifying with a potted carnation in the other hand, so much so that Theo had to put down the flower so his enemies wouldn't get completely scared and not face him. 

Nico drew his sword. Him and Theo stood back to back. Beckendorf gripped his hammer nervously, "What is it?" Theo whispered. 

Beckendorf seemed to be listening. Suddenly Theo's tingle went off but before he could warn anyone, a ring of a dozen daemons materialized around them. They were part humanoid female, part bat. Their faces were pug-nosed and furry, with fangs and bulging eyes. Matted grey fur and piecemeal armour covered their bodies. They had shrivlled arms with claws for hands, leathery wings that sprouted from their backs and stubby bowed legs. They would've looked funny except for the murderous glow in their eyes.

"Keres," Nico said.

"What?" Theo asked.

"Battlefield spirits. They feed on violent death."