49. BREAKING NEWS! The Oracle Says Someones Gonna Die! ... Again!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 49

BREAKING NEWS! The Oracle Says Someones Gonna Die! ... Again!

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chiron had insisted that the situation would be discussed in the morning, which was like, Hey, your friend's life's in mortal danger. Sleep tight! It was hard to fall asleep, but when Theo finally did, he had a dreamless sleep.

The following day Chiron called a war council in the sword arena, which was pretty strange— trying to discuss the Camp's fate while Mrs O'Leary chewed on a life-size squeaky pink rubber yak.

Chiron and Quintus stood at the front by the weapon racks. Clarisse and Annabeth sat next to each other and led the briefing. Tyson and Grover sat as far away from each other as possible. Also present around the table: Juniper the tree nymph, Silena Beauregard, Travis and Connor Stoll, Beckendorf, and Lee Fletcher.

Theo and Percy were up at the front; occasionally, Theo would whisper something to Percy, who would nod in agreeance. Even Argus, the Camp's hundred-eyed security chief, was here. Argus hardly ever shows up unless something really major is going on. That's how you knew it was serious.

The whole time Annabeth spoke, he kept his hundred blue eyes trained on her so hard his whole body turned bloodshot. "Luke must have known about the Labyrinth entrance," Annabeth said. "He knew everything about camp."

Juniper cleared her throat. "That's what I was trying to tell you last night. The cave entrance has been there for a long time. Luke used to use it."

Silena Beauregard frowned. "You knew about the Labyrinth entrance and didn't say anything?"

Juniper's face turned green. "I didn't know it was important. Just a cave. I don't like yucky old caves."

"She has good taste," Grover said.

"I wouldn't have paid any attention except it was Luke." She blushed a little greener.

Grover huffed. "Forget what I said about good taste."