34. We Have Multiple Oh O's In The Span Of An Hour

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 3

We Have Multiple Oh O's In The Span Of An Hour

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

That night after dinner, I was seriously ready to beat the Hunters at capture the flag. It was going to be a small game: only thirteen Hunters, including Bianca di Angelo, and about the same number of campers. Zoe Nightshade looked pretty upset.

She kept glancing resentfully at Chiron, like she couldn't believe he was making her do this. The other Hunters didn't look too happy, either. Unlike last night, they weren't laughing or joking around. They just huddled together in the dining pavilion, whispering nervously to each other as they strapped on their armor. Some of them even looked like they'd been crying. I guess Zoe had told them about her nightmare.

On our team, we had Beckendorf and two other Hephaestus guys, a few from the Ares cabin (though it still seemed strange that Clarisse wasn't around), the Stoll brothers, Nico and Tessa from Hermes cabin, and a few Aphrodite kids. It was weird that the Aphrodite cabin wanted to play.

Usually, they sat on the sidelines, chatted, and checked their reflections in the river and stuff, but when they heard we were fighting the Hunters, they were raring to go.

"I'll show them 'love is worthless,'" Silena Beauregard grumbled as she strapped on her armour. "I'll pulverize them!"

That left Thalia, Percy and me. The three captains.

"We'll take the offence," Thalia said, pointing to her and I. "You take defence."

"Oh." Percy hesitated; I had the feeling that Percy was going to say the exact same thing, only reversed. "Don't you think with your shield and all, you'd be better at defense? Me and Theo could do attack."

Thalia already had Aegis on her arm, and even our own teammates were giving her a wide berth, trying not to cower before the bronze head of Medusa. "Well, I was thinking it would make better offence," Thalia said. "Besides, you've had more practice at defense."

"Yeah, no problem," Percy said, his face flushing. "Cool."