47. Little Moments, Big Decisions

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 47

Little Moments, Big Decisions

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"That's one way of saying it, Blondie," Theo jokingly stated as he placed Annabeth back on her feet. Annabeth rolled her eyes and went in for a hug, only to be confused when Theo pushed her arms away and shook his head.

"I'll need a rain check on that hug, Beth; I'm sweaty as," Theo said, causing Annabeth to reel back in disgust and mutter something about disgusting boys.

Theo looked over the blonde girl's head and cracked a smile at the person. Of course, the other person smiled back because it was Percy who was happy to see his friend again. Percy had grown since the last the pair had seen each other. He wasn't as tall as Theo but definitely had a growth spurt, not to mention he had gotten tanner and muscular. Puberty had apparently decided to show up in Percy.

"What up, Nemo?" Theo said, catching Percy's hand and dapping him up. Percy, of course, recuperated the dap and couldn't help but be infected with the energy Theo radiated, causing the son of Poseidon to smirk.

"Oh, you know, blowing up schools, getting attacked by monsters. The usual."

Theo shook his head, unable to hide the smirk that was written all over his face upon learning that his good friend had, yet again, blown something up. "Dude, one of these days, you'll get arrested."

"They'll have to catch me first," Percy said before his face grew a more serious expression, " Is Camp okay? Tessa? Tyson? Grover?"

Theo looked at his friend, confused about his sudden change of demeanour. He looked over at Annabeth with a look of concern, but she didn't say anything; she looked quite on edge. Theo looked back at Percy, who was growing increasingly anxious each second.

"Yeah, Camp's been fine, everything is fine, well, almost everything. Dude, are you okay? What happened?"

Percy recounted what Kelli, the empousa, had told him shortly before she exploded into fire and then managed to pin the blame on Percy.