76. A Mother's Permission

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 76

A Mother's Permission

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Can someone tell me what we are actually doing?" Theo asked whilst Nico smiled a cold creepy smile made me sorry I'd agreed. "First we'll need to retrace Luke's steps. We need toknow more about his past, his childhood." 

"Good luck with that, not even me and Annabeth know much," Theo said frowning, "Why do we even need to know that?"

Percy shuddered, thinking about Rachel's picture from his dream—a smiling nine-year-old Luke. "Yeah, why dowe need to know about that?" 

"I'll explain when we get there," Nico said. "I've already tracked down his mother. She lives inConnecticut." 

Percy stared at him. "Luke ran away when he was really young," Percy said. "I didn't think his mom was alive."

 "Oh, she's alive," Theo said half heartedly, "But Nico why are we seeing. She not exactly...." T

"Okay . . ." Percy said. "So how do we get to Connecticut? I can call Blackjack—" 

"No." Nico scowled. "Pegasi don't like me, and the feeling is mutual. But there's no need for flying."He whistled, and Mrs. O'Leary came loping out of the woods."Your friend here can help." Nico patted her head. "You haven't tried shadow travel yet?" 

"Shadow travel?" 

 Nico whispered in Mrs. O'Leary's ear. She tilted her head, suddenly alert."Hop on board," Nico told Percy. 

Percy climbed ontoher back and held her collar."This will make her very tired," Nico warned, "so you can't do it often. And it works best at night. Butall shadows are part of the same substance. There is only one darkness, and creatures of the Underworldcan use it as a road, or a door."

"So it's the same as my Greentravel. How I can travel through anything with roots?" Theo questioned and Nico nodded.