65. No Good at Goodbyes

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 65

No Good at Goodbyes

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

By the time Percy and Annabeth ran over to Chiron, Theo and Grover were already there, trying to help him up. Chiron was lying on his side, trying in vain to get up. "How embarrassing," he muttered. "I think I will be fine. Fortunately, we do not shoot centaurs with broken... Ow! ...broken legs.

"You need help," Annabeth said. "I'll get a medic from Apollo's cabin."

"No," Chiron insisted. "There are more serious injuries to attend to. Go! I am fine. But, Grover...later, we must talk about how you did that."

"That was amazing," Percy agreed.

Grover blushed. "I don't know where it came from."

Juniper hugged him fiercely. "I do!"

Tyson called before she could say more, "Guys, come quick! It is Nico!"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

There was smoke curling off his black clothes. His fingers were clenched, and the grass all around his body had turned yellow and died. Theo rolled him over as gently as he could and put his head against his chest. His heart was beating faintly. 

"Get some nectar!" Theo shouted, his voice still hoarse from all the yelling and shouting he had done moments prior.

One of the Ares campers hobbled over and handed Theo a canteen. Carefully, Theo trickled some of the magic drink into Nico's mouth. He coughed and spluttered, but his eyelids fluttered open.

"Nico, what happened?" Theo asked. "Can you talk?"