6. Am I Tripping Or Is That Medusa?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 6

Am I Tripping Or Is That Medusa

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You would think that a lightning bolt and an exploding bus would kill anything. But an angry wail from inside told me that Ugly Grannie #1 was not yet dead.

"Run!" Annabeth said. "She's calling for reinforcements! We have to get out of here!"

We ran into the woods, or in my case, I hobbled against Percy and Grover as the rain poured down the bus in flames behind us, and nothing but darkness ahead.

Every time something bad goes on, I always blame the Gods, even if there's no way it's their fault. Like me stubbing my toe on the edge of the bed or stepping on legos or when an ugly-ass Grandma literally whips you with a whip made of fire, and now you can barely move, and your arm was more crispy than Zuko's face.

Now I can, however blame them on situations such as when you're walking away from a bus that's just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it's raining on top of everything else.

Some divine forces really are trying to mess up my day.

So there we were, walking through the woods along the New Jersey riverbank, the glow of New York City making the night sky yellow behind us and the smell of the Hudson reeking in our noses.

Grover was shivering and braying, his big goat eyes turned slit-pupiled and full of terror.

"Three Kindly Ones. All three at once."

I would be in shock myself, but I couldn't feel anything apart from the raging fire that was spreading across my body that felt like I was about to drop dead any second.

Annabeth kept shouting at us, saying: "Come on! The farther away we get, the better."

It was easy for her to say because her arm wasn't currently resembling a game of snakes and ladders.