20. Did Someone Say KFC?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 20

Did Someone Say KFC?

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Deciding to pick Tessa for a chariot race felt like the right decision at first but now after spending two hours trying to design a chariot with Tessa asking me a million questions about camp I was starting to regret not asking Annabeth.

At least with this lack of skill I can safely say that my mother is not Athena.

The only reason why I suggested we team up for the chariot race was to take our minds off our problems, Tessa's problems with her family and being the new kid at camp and me with literally every problem known to man.

Don't get me wrong— Tantalus sucks balls and I was worried sick about camp—but I didn't know what to do about it. What made it even worse was that whoever did it made it very personal by poisoning Thalia's tree. Until Camp could come up with some brilliant plan to save Thalia's tree, we had to go along with the races.

"Look obviously this isn't going to work very well," I said holding up some blueprints of a chariot and examining them.

"Yes well what did you expect," Tessa said mucking around with her new crossbow, "You suck at pretty much everything."

"Oh, I'm sorry who saved you back at your house?" I said pointing a pencil at her face, "I suggest you shut your mouth before I grab some scissors and snip that cord and watch you go poof."

Tessa simply rolled her eyes and went back to fiddling with her crossbow as I tried to figure out which piston goes where and why we need a certain type of pole to go under the chassis. In the end, the blueprints looked more like a kindergarten not understanding the rules of colouring.

"Your axle is back to front," a voice said from behind me causing me to turn and be greeted by Annabeth.

"Aren't you supposed to be working with Percy?" I asked as she sat down next to me and already began drawing up blueprints much better than mine.