2. I Met The Guy Who Will Destroy Olympus (I Didn't Know He Was That Guy Though)

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 2

I Met The Guy Who Will Destroy Olympus (I Didn't Know He Was That Guy Though)

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Percy Jackson, the man who killed the Minotaur, drools in his sleep.

That is the first thing Annabeth told me about the newbie when she and I talked early that morning. I didn't want to know that information, but I got it anyway.

To make matters even worse, Annabeth and I were summoned by Chiron and Mr D early that morning for god knows what.

At the end of the porch of the big house, two men sat across from each other at a card table. They looked at me as if they wanted me to sit down with them and play, which I had to do.

"Morning, Chiron, Morning, Mr D," I said, sitting down as Annabeth leaned on the porch rail behind me. Mr D merely grunted in response while dishing out cards, while Chiron was far nicer.

"Hello, Theo, Annabeth. I presume you had a most interesting morning."

"You could say that again, then again, when do we ever get the Minotaur to show up at the borders followed by a 12-year-old who kills the Minotaur," I said, grabbing the cards that Mr D had given me.

On the other hand, Annabeth was staring off into the distance, almost as if she was in another world entirely, "Chiron, I think he's the one."

I struggled to roll my eyes; the last two years, ever since Luke's trip to the Garden of the Hesperides went sour, Chiron hasn't allowed any more quests. Annabeth's been dying to get out into the world.

She pestered Chiron so much that he finally told her he already knew her fate. He'd had a prophecy from the Oracle. He wouldn't tell her the whole thing, but he said Annabeth wasn't destined to go on a quest yet. She had to wait until somebody special came to the camp.

Every new camper that has come through those borders, Annabeth, has thought that they would be the one. Sounds like some weird Disney princess plot but eh, to each of their own.