19. I Have A Heart To Heart With A God

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 19

 I Have A Heart To Heart With A God

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

My life is the living embodiment of a joke.

Who have I offended up there so much that now a freaking cyclops gets claimed before me? The Gods have cursed me. Perhaps that's my prophecy. My parents not wanting me therefore I begin a life of villainy and crime.

Jealousy burned into my heart as I watched as the Green symbol of Poseidon slowly started to fade. For a second a thought ran through my head before it crashed and burned into my very soul,

The Gods would rather claim a Cyclops than a boy.

The rest of camp bar, Tessa, Annabeth and Percy and a couple others pointed and laughed, as I swallowed myself into a pit of self-pity and angst.

"Well! I think we know where to put the beast now. By the gods, I can see the family resemblance!" Tartarus roars.

Tyson didn't seem to notice. He was too mystified, trying to swat the glowing trident over his head. He was too innocent to understand how much they were making fun of him, how cruel people were.

But I got it.

Life is cruel.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After that shocking dinner episode we trudged over to the campfire, but with Tyson following us giggling to himself every fifteen seconds and saying, "Percy is my brother?" like he'd just won the lottery.

"Aw, Tyson," Percy would say. "It's not that simple."