8. Ares Buys Me Lunch

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 8

Ares Buys Me Lunch

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Note to self: Never take Percy anywhere.

That rule should never ever be broken. So far everywhere we have gone with Percy has turned into danger, granted it may have been the fact that Percy is the son of Poseidon or maybe because that kid was heavily accident-prone.

But after the tour bus exploded, almost turning into stone via Medusa and now the Gateway arch had exploded and no doubt this would further increase Percy's 'terrorist' status.

By the time Grover, Annabeth and I managed to get back to the observation deck everything was relatively calm, well minus the serious damage and the surprisingly quick news reporters.

"Probably not a terrorist attack, we're told, but it's still very early in the investigation. The damage, as you can see, is very serious. We're trying to get to some of the survivors, to question them about eyewitness reports of someone falling from the Arch."

Annabeth froze, "Did she just say someone fell from the Arch."

I groaned, "Why do I have the very funny feeling that someone was Percy."

"... an adolescent boy," another reporter was saying. "Channel Five has learned that surveillance cameras show an adolescent boy going wild on the observation deck, somehow setting off this freak explosion. Hard to believe, John, but that's what we're hearing. Again, no confirmed fatalities ..."

"Oh it was definitely Percy," Grover said groaning.

Speaking of the devil, we almost ran into him as he was walking around the perimeter, with his head down trying to keep my head down as uniformed officers and news reporters were everywhere.

Percy barely had enough time to look at us before being attacked by Grover's bear hug—or goat hug. He said, "We thought you'd gone to Hades the hard way!"