Chapter 38 - Whatever it takes!

********************

Sam and his friends visit Jin for the last time before his release. They tell him to rush to the battlefield "as soon as" he gets out of prison. He agrees and tells them, *Guys, I'm very sorry, but I was stupid enough to not keep my mouth shut. You will know what I'm talking about real soon!* *Again, very sorry!* He repeats.

Sam keeps a serious face.

*I think I know what you have done, but that doesn't change the fact that it will all be over soon. Question is, for whom will it be over?*

After thirty minutes of conversation, they take off for their new destination: Stonehenge, the place Jane's father has seen him. There, they see a man in a white robe sitting in between the heel stones.

*Is it him?* Jane is curious. She tells everyone to stand still while she walks slowly to the man who appears to be meditating.

He notices someone coming nearer and lifts up his hands.

*Guilty!!* He says with a calm voice. *And now what?* He asks with a change of voice, sounding more arrogant than he looks. Jane is surprised by his appearance.

*Oh wow, you really don't look old at all. I was looking forward to seeing someone a little older and scarier. Are you really the man called Morphius?*

Suddenly, a large, white piece of cloth swirls from below around his body. It covers him and transforms into a robe. He drops his hands.

*Bingo!*

He snips on both hands and continues, *Well, if you are here, it means you aren't in the mood to talk, just like me! I hoped you prepared yourselves to never go back home!?*

He snips again and twirls his right index finger after lifting his hand. With this motion, he summons a dark cloud to surround him.

*You didn't really think I would stand here alone to face you, did you? To fight a king, no, a god like me, you need to prove yourselves worthy. There is no facing me if you can't even make your way up here. Now, say your goodbyes to your beloved world!* His voice echoes throughout the cloud.

The cloud grows larger and shoots out red and black lightning. It's core’s color changes to white. It unleashes soldiers who walk out elegantly, taking off their hats.

*Now it's time to show me who you are!* Morphius screams.

Sam stares unimpressed and asks him if it is all he's got.

*Like, to be honest, I was hoping you had something extremely dangerous up your sleeves. Now I'm just looking at soldiers and amateur Gene Zs. The question is, do we eliminate them or just make sure they never get to move freely ever again?*

Morphius feels insulted by Sam’s words. He screams out, *Sam!!* and enlarges the cloud.

Ohhh, it gets bigger and bigger!

This time, Sam gives off a satisfied reaction.

*So this is how you do it!*

Blu looks at his cousin. He observes his reactions and eye movements towards Morphius' attack.

*Sam? Have you figured out something yet?*

**Yes! I think I have learned a new move. It isn't an ability he is using.** He claims.

Lucius is interested in their conversation and wants to know what they are talking about. He asks Sam what he is on about, to which he replies, *This guy is using magic. He is casting a spell to do whatever he is doing, and I like the way he does it. He doesn't cast his spell by screaming out embarrassing words like we do. He is using his hands to make signs. I have studied it enough to know what each movement means.*

There is silence among them. Jane hears everything Sam says through her earpiece and draws back to the boys.

*Hey, are you sure about what you are saying?*

**Yes!! I am going to use this battle to teach you guys. All you have to do is react fast and do exactly what I tell you to do.**

John asks how his plan is going to work, not knowing Sam can, with focus, see everything that is happening at once. Blu explains to him this ability.

*Alright, Blu, left! John, right! The rest of us will move twenty seconds after you and freestyle. The soldiers are mine. Your goal is Morphius! Blu and John, you guys have to walk normally till the twenty seconds are over! Lucius, clench your fingers and fully raise both index and middle fingers. Push them together and flex your muscles. Notice! Your hands and fingers aren't allowed to touch. After pushing, you have to pull them apart with the exact same restraint. Focus on jumping down from above Morphius and jumping backwards. Be ready to attack! Alright, guys, go! Go! Go!*

They move according to Sam's plan. He makes one hundred signs in a second and dashes off. He creates wormholes through which he jumps from one end of a dimension, through the battlefield, to the next dimension. His movements are accelerated through the jumps, and he eliminates the soldiers one after the other. During the fight, he creates new temporal wormholes and explains what signs are needed to create them. Lucius jumps down from the skies after five minutes.

*Hey, am I too late, or why are you guys almost done with the soldiers? How long was I gone for? Sorry for missing the party! Wooohooo!!*

He summons fire through his fists and creates a huge firefist.

*Hell's giant!*

Morphius sees his attack and pulls back to counter. *You found out that there are no soldiers left and decided to attack the king. That's the wrong move, kid!!*

He grabs onto thin air and rotates his fist ninety degrees inward. His fist becomes white and cold.

*Hot icicle!!*

He hits Lucius's „hell's giant“ and overpowers him. Lucius is sent back into the skies but manages to think fast and make new signs, followed by the exact same signs over and over again. He makes the same signs seven times and gets thrown from one void to the other. He targets Blu, picks him up, and jumps through more voids with him.

Blu now understands the signs and copies them. They fly from Morphius' left and right, open new voids beneath him, and push him through them. Sam sees their effort and invents new signs that no one has ever seen before. He creates a barrier and infinite voids in between them.

*Judgemental space!!!*

He screams out the name of his attack and stretches out his left hand towards the void, through which Morphius falls, while the right hand points to the highest point of his attack.

*Bang!* A loud bang fills the atmosphere, and Morphius strikes down with his arms smashed. There is no sign of life in him.

Chapter 38, end.

********************