Chapter 30 - Jazz - Part II

********************

Jazz is the name of her new suit. The name comes from the special design and functionality of her suit. With a specific amount of energy and speed and with specific moves, the design will make the ribs and the middle section of the spinal area vibrate, creating different types of jazz cores. Soft or hardcore depends on the movements of the flaps.

They try creating a scary and overwhelming melody to frighten the enemy as she comes along. They eventually agree on one: It is not the matter of getting someone frightened. Rather, it is to give an enemy a taste of the beauty of peaceful harmony through music before being defeated.

Jane is looking forward to seeing Sam's design. She moves her head to the melody Sam is playing. She says, *Alright, this melody is dope! I like this one, and this one too. But, like I said, it needs to be a little softer. It's still super nice, though.
Sam smiles at her and tells her that he already knows how dope it sounds. After all, he created it.

*Hey, wanna see it right now?*

Jane nods her head, and her eyes glow out of happiness. She trembles with joy and asks Sam if he is going to run her home.

*Japp! That – is – what – we – gon-na – do!*

Jane unlocks the last amount of energy in her suit to get it back online. She closes both the body armor and the helmet.

*This time imma make sure I'm ready, just so I don't end up puking again*, she says, laughing nervously.

Sam, already knowing she is right, gets on his feet and jumps like an athlete, warming up for his next run. He stretches his shoulders, then his armstrings, followed by his wrists, neck, and ankles.

*Alright, this is going to be my best run ever! Maybe this time I will actually be able to slow down perfectly. All I have to keep in mind is lowering the speed much earlier than the destination determines, I need a new formula. You know what, Jane? You won't even feel us moving!*, he says with confidence, stretching out his chest and looking straight ahead.

Both friends are ready. Jane jumps for him to carry her in his arms and holds tightly on his neck with her left hand.

*Okay, let's goooo!*, she shouts with a shivering tone.

Sam laughs at her and holds her arm and thigh tight with the right amount of pressure. He shouts, *alright, leeet's goooooooo!* with the "g" starting as soon as he takes his first step into the horizon.

Before Jane gets the chance to shout, *woo-hooo* they arrive in front of his front door. 
She lowers her mask as quickly as possible. Sam, as attentive as he is, quickly holds up her hair and raises a bucket to her face. She pukes.

*I'll give you three out of ten points. This wasn't as awful as the first time. My suit can keep up a little bit. But I still haven't had enough time to process what's happening. Your running is really sloppy, dude!* She says it with an awkward smile.

The same quickly changes the subject. He is curious about an event.

*There is something about you that I have been worrying about. It happened on the same day my abilities were unlocked. The explosion changed something about you! I feel this kind of energy within you, not quite as unique as mine, but also not like a normal person. I need to observe and think further before I can explain anything. Plus, I have something that will be perfect for the suit, or at least the energy problem the suit will have. Two, to be precise. Anyways let's go upstairs. My designs are lying around in my workshop.* Sam points this out before entering the building with her.

He shows her his entire gallery in his workshop, his bedroom. Every design he has ever made is stored here.

*Sam! This is amazing! I think the last time I was here was at the very beginning, when you only had a sleeping bag and a kitchen. Everything you brought from your old apartment was just laying around because...* Jane tells Sam.
Sam is embarrassed by the fact that she spits it out. He says, *It wasn't THAT bad! I mean, here and there, there were a few things not stored as they are right now, but not THAT bad! And also, please don't just say it loudly like that! It's a little embarrassing, even though there has been some improvement in here.*

Jane is smiling at Sam. She thinks Sam being embarrassed is cute.

*Come oon, Sam! It's just me! It's not like I'm your mom or a new girl you just met. It's kinda cute!*, she says.

*What is cute? Cuz I know I'm not! You being a girl makes it more awkward. Please, don't!*

Jane walks into his bedroom and bounces on his bed. *Haaa*, she exhales loudly. She turns around and lays on her tummy. She pulls her arms towards her and folds those, placing her chin on them. She looks at Sam with the cutest smile while he walks into the room.

He is confused and asks, *you good?* Jane is smiling and raises her eyebrows. She raises and drops them several times, quickly. She answers, *jaaaap, I'm good! Never felt better, like literally! I love your apartment, by the way!* Sam gives her the thumbs up.

*Sooo where is the suit's design?* she asks.

Sam tells her that he is going to show them later and drops onto his bean bag. Suddenly, he disappears, and reappears from the ceiling, and falls in front of Jane after she sits back up after noticing the strange event.

*What just happened, Sam?* she asks.

Sam is just as confused as her. He doesn't know what, why, or how... It just happened. He comes to the conclusion that it is a kind of space travel. He says, *I think I might have just space-time traveled. Or was it just space travel? Wait, you were on your tummy as I jumped. How long was I gone for?*

Jane tells him, *It should be around fifteen seconds. You were gone for fifteen seconds, Sam! I thought it was some kind of trick, but then you came down from the ceiling! That's dope! You unlocked something new! You have to do it again! How did you do it?*

Sam strokes his goatie and says, *Well, I was falling back, and while looking at the ceiling, I thought about how much fun it would be if I could fall from up there. I wanted to see something awesome, like the floor,and my - my chair and stuff*

The truth is, he was thinking about looking at Jane's behind from the ceiling's point of view.

He feels exhausted from the jump but decides not to tell Jane about it.

Space travel: Traveling to destinations through space. It takes time to reappear, seconds, minutes, or even hours. The time depends on the user's skills and experience.
Space-time travel: The user travels to a destination without having time pass by "instatanous teleportation." The user arrives at the very moment he teleports.

*Wow, so you just have to imagine a destination. Let's try this. But this time, I will tell you what you need to do. I have been having these theories about fiction for a very long time. I think I know exactly what to do.* She says and continues, *First of all, we need to travel as much as possible, and you have to have every surroundings you will always discover in your brain; you have to memorize and analyze everything! Cuz you having to imagine places means that you need to have been at the exact spot and you have to know your exact position. Let Jazz teach you!*
She stands on Sam's right-hand side in front of his bedroom door and tells him, *Alright, now just think of my garage. You've been there before. It doesn't matter where exactly we appear; it just has to be in my garage, where nothing is in your way.* She holds his arm as tightly as possible and tells him not to forget her.

*Done, I think I know where we are going now!*. He says. Before he takes the first step forward, Jane asks him, *So what is the deal with boys and urinals? Like I know they mostly go alone, but what do they do when they are all gathered at once? Do they urinate simultaneously into one pisoir? Or do they just chill and talk with one another like girls in the women's washroom?*

Chapter 30, end.

********************