Chapter 33 - Reunion

*********************

On a cultivated field in North Philsway...

It is November, and even though it's almost winter, the first two weeks of the month are hot.

Sam is laying on a plain field behind town, working on his abilities. With the air compressed into a ball, he adds driplets of water as the core and plays with it. He throws it up in the air and moves it around by swirling around his fingers.

*Ok, now, without stopping the ball, I've gotta concentrate on expanding my senses. First, compress an amount into my chest.*

He tries this out and succeeds after ten minutes.

*Perfect!* He is happy that it's working just as he wants it to.

*Now let it out slowly! Just like I did it last time!*

He refills the energy as he lets it out. He sustains the outlet. By compressing and refilling, he manifests a visible object. He duplicates the air-water ball he had before. This time it isn't made from his surroundings; it is a manifestation of an object through Tomei energy.
He trains his senses by adjusting god's seventh sense. His eyes are closed. Everything he does, he sees through his now-passive skill. For the first time, he looks into the sky lands.

*Wow, those are beautiful!*

He senses a company behind him. It' Blu!

*Hey, how you doing, Blu?*

Blu walks towards him and takes a seat on the ground.

*What's that, Sam?*

Sam smirks.

**Oh, it's just this awesome ball I just created. Beautiful, isn't it?**

Blu is stunned and asks Sam if he is allowed to hold it for a minute.

**Sure, why not? Coat your fingers with water and think fast!**

Blu reaches out for Sam's water bottle and coats his fingers with it. His abilities help him maintain the amount of water and its elasticity.

Sam quickly throws the ball with a strong force, making it difficult for Blu to catch it. He catches it anyway. He tilts the ball in all directions and asks Sam, *Since when do you have powers? It's been a really long time since we last met, hasn't it, Cousin?*

**Yeah... Wait, hol up!** Sasm interrupts.

**You just saw me doing something extraordinary, and all you ask is, „Since when do you have powers?" You aren't surprised at all!**

Blu smiles and looks at his cousin. He tells him he already knows because he has it himself. *I mean, you knew I was there, even though I was abnormally quiet and your eyes were closed. Not even the craziest concentration could have noticed me! I thought you already knew about me.*

Sam replies, *No, not really!* He is interested in a conversation with his younger cousin.

Blu reminds him that he has always talked about how cool superpowers will be if he has them.

He continues, *All your theories, I tried them out and they worked, so I thought you already had the idea, didn't you? The entire time? When did you first notice your powers?*

Sam drops his smile.

**Exactly one week after we met for the last time. I never had them; they were gifted to me. Long story! And no, I never knew about it. Does your family know?**

Blu nods.

**And no one ever bothered to give me information. My entire life, everyone thought I was this crazy dude. They looked at me like I was crazy because of what I thought was possible. Everyone knew it was possible and never said a thing. Keeping secrets from me as always. You know, mostly I say it is all good, but the truth is, I am not. I worked hard to push away many feelings and emotions. Just so that no one pitties me. Whatever... What's done is done. There is no going back now, is there? I don't need to lose my temper now that I have finally learned to dissolve it. Plus, you have nothing to do with it. You were too young to know what was happening**

A warm breeze flushes over their skin, making their silence awkward. Sam asks his cousin what type of abilities he has.

*To be honest with you, I don't know. I'd like it to be a bit of everything.* He puts on a cute smile.

*Lately, I have been able to move water a bit. First it was air, then a little bit of fire. I am able to counter Lucius', my best friend's, fire attack. Maybe it's because his flames aren't strong enough. He keeps burning himself up before generating a stronger flow.*

Sam takes off the thermoscarf covering his eyes and opens them. The heat between the scarf and his skin is released, causing vapor to come out of it. He raises his hand with the scarf tied around it and asks Blu, *Your best friend also has powers? There are more of you guys?*

*Jap! There are more of us. One new classmate, who I want to be friends with, also has powers. His energy is a little bit weird. I sense it, but somehow he is different from us. It doesn't feel normal. His aura feels fragile, but it looks powerful and scary. It's like he's fighting for his life or something. But he hasn't mastered his skills yet. My best friend, however... I think he is stronger than me, and I want us to be stronger together, but ever since the incident from last time, he has been pushing me away. He says he doesn't want anything to do with me, that he is better off alone, and everyone, including me, sucks, but there is more to it. I think he is trying to push me away because he is afraid to lose or hurt me. Do you think you could help me out? Like, help me understand him?*

Sam tilts his head to the right, trying to think about something. He sits and crosses his legs. He asks Blu when the „incident" has happened.

*I don't remember that much, but a few weeks after that, this bounty poster of someone called Jazz showed up. It made him angrier and frightened! You know? He is not that kind of person to get frightened of someone like that. I hope someone finds Jazz and locks him or her away. I need my best friend back. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is good enough to catch him if he is still out there.*

*uhhmm Blu?*

**Sup?** Blu answers.

*About that... Are you talking about that time where you guys fell to the ground with the explosion and stuff?*

*Yeah... Wait, how do you know about that?* Blu's eyes widened as he asks.

**Well, because I was there. I dropped you guys to the ground.**

Blu draws himself closer.

*You dropped us? But why? And you didn't say hello! Had you forgotten about me?*

Sam laughs out of embarrassment. He explains to his cousin that there is a lot going on in his life. He continues, *You wouldn't believe what I had to deal with the past couple of months... There is a reason why your friend hates or is frightened of Jazz. That's because Jazz saved him. He was deadly and dangerous, and he had to find out the hard way that there is more going on in this world. Long talking cut short, I am Jazz! Well, a part of Jazz.*

He rolls his eyeballs to the right side and squints both his lips and nose.

*So what next? Do you hate me too? Are you going to turn me in?*

Chapter 33, end.

********************

Note: New chapter next week!