Chapter 10 - Jin

*******************

*Hey, Nathan, Simon, wake up! Do you see that light over there? Do you see it? Is it an angel? No, it looks like a person!*

Nathan looks confused and asks, *Jin, what are you talking about?* He turns around to double-check their cell and adds, *There is nothing there apart from our shoes! Are you kidding, or has craziness already caught up to you? You've only been in this cell with us for ten years already. I think you are getting cra - zy!* He points his finger right above his right ear and starts twirling his index finger.

Simon, the most chilled one out of the three, wakes up, turns his head in Jin's direction, and starts talking to him, right after a huge sigh, *Listen, Jin, we know you are two months longer in here than us but still, dude, get a hold of yourself! You only have five more years in here - well, assuming they finally find the man who killed your sister.*

Jin panicks. He says, *Yo, Hey! I'm not joking; it's coming closer!*

*Don't bother; they can't hear you anymore; they also can't see me or hear me. Right now, it's just you and me. Master and father of the outcasts. It's time to wake up and awaken, the beginning of the end of a beginning needs to start now! You have been resting for far too long. I have been waiting for you to call upon me this entire time.*

*I never called you* Jin says. He thinks about not continuing the conversation.

After a short silence, he still does. He walks towards him and touches the edge of his nose with his index finger. He says, *I don't even know who or what you are! What do you want from me? And also... why are you talking to me like that? It's kinda weird. You are kinda weird!* He asks again, *Who or what the hell are you?*

*It is me, Michael-Mikey, Michael-Silvester! You told me to find you and help reset something about your timeline. Well, your words were exactly, "The day shall come in which my younger presence shall look for help out of a situation. The day shall be in the far future, and I will look much less than I do right now. Because of me being nothing, it shall be nearly impossible to find me. I shall be weak and worthless, but a genius. I shall be less wise and not know you. Be patient with me till I begin to trust you. Until the day comes, you shall be cursed with my abilities and live eternally. The day shall come, and you shall tell me these exact words. Remember them!" Sooo, all you need to do is accept your awakening so I can have a normal life with normal abilities. I don't need to be that much of a powerful demi-god.*

*Wait, a demi-god? What are you talking about, man?* Jin is more confused.

*Listen, you are my father, ok? You are the real god*, he says, showing original features without a literal glow-up.

*Before I was able to awaken my powers, you cast a curse upon me. I would walk the earth until it was time for you to be awakened.
It was selfish of you, but you may have had good reasons to do so. I think I finally understand how this all works. It means you are a normal human being who gets a gift-in this case, he gifts himself with abilities that he eventually awakens to be able to live longer than a person. Otherwise, you should have your powers right now. But you still had them after you cursed me; now you are just powerless like every normal human being. That one I don't get yet. Anyway, you told me I would be able to decide if I wanted to awaken my inner god or live a normal life with a means to an end, and that either way, I would have the ending I always wished for.
Just please take back your powers before we discuss further issues. I have lost so many loved ones that I can't do this anymore. Hold both my hands and say after me, „Meha mi no seikan no Tomie me sine - nin"*

Jin looks into the eyes of the man. Somehow, he believes every single word and is sorry for everything that has happened to him. He holds his hands and repeats, *Meha mi no seikan no Tomie me sine... ni! Did I say it riiiiggghhh.. oooooooohhhhhh.. hooooooooly...* He starts burning up.

Both him and his self-proclaimed son are captured by a strong void filled with fire and blue lightning, and in between them are particles of the deepest darkness. A thunderstorm strikes their position. A pile of smoke appears through the lightning strike. They are sucked into the void and disappear from the prison cell. Nathan and Simon notice him flash for a second and pull back.

Both Nathan and Simon shout with their highest pitch, like a little girl.

Simon asks, *Wait, what the hell just happened? What..*, Nathan ends the question, * the? *

*JIn?*

Inside the void...

Jin and his companion are floating through the void. He holds his stomach as tight as he can and says, *H-hey, y-you, what was your name again? What in heaven's name is happening right now? I don't feel so-so good. I think I have to pu.. urgh* he pukes into the nothingness.

His puke is filled with half-chewed pieces of carrots and a white-green-colored liquid.

*Ugh, that tastes awful! I think I'm good. Noow, oh sh*t! Urgh* Once again, he pukes, this time even more than the first.

*Could you just stop puking? Jeez! You are such a baby, and my name is Silvester*, he claims.

Jin laughs, *Oh wait, let me just tell my body to stop being affected by something it has never felt before!*

*Please do it faster! Wait, is it possible?* Jin gives him a judgmental look and shouts, *No, of course not, double-stein! What do you think?*

Double-stein: a mockery reference to Einstein...

Silvester isn't troubled by Jin's answers. He gives him an unexpected answer; *I think a god should be able to do such an easy task.*

*What do you mean by that? Who said I was a god?*

Did Jin forget everything Silvester told him?

Jin doesn't understand what is going on. Jin sits with his legs folded underneath his body.

Though he is sitting upside down, from Jin's perspective

Silvester sighs, *It seems like you don't know anything about yourself - your past self. I have the feeling that this is where your origin story begins, so your past self might be a different future for you? Alright, for starters... Do you get it? Starters because this is the start, like the beginning? You don't?*

Jin isn't answering; instead, he stares blankly into his face.

Silvester continues, *Alright, well, you are my father; I have told you before, and it seems this is the point where your life begins. I have studied a little bit about how time flows and what it feels like to make the loop continue.
You will, at some point in time, curse my younger self to make the story go on. Meaning, if you hadn't taken my hand at the exact moment you did and we hadn't taken this path we are on, at the same time, even though time doesn't affect us here, the timeline in which I lived until now would cease to exist.
I have witnessed others challenging time, and been evaporated by it. Meaning, I would evaporate in front of your eyes, and you may or may not have remembered what had happened. You seem to be one of the gods who awakened as soon as they got hold of their powers, though I do have the feeling, you aren't completely awakened. Something big is going to happen very soon. I assume we will be back in the present as soon as it begins. I will finally be able to live freely. You will have to take me back if you plan to stay longer. I don't have the ability to travel through a time void.*

Jin's eyes widen.

*Daaaaaaamn, son, you gooooood! It seems like I taught you very well. So what you mean is that I am a god, and from the looks of it, I'll be the only god to live among men. So for the people, I will be the only god that has ever existed, with living proof. Alright, let's go start our own story. Call me the Monkey King, the one history books talk about. I will make those legends come true!*

Chapter 10, end.

********************