Chapter 2 - John

********************

[%Violence - low%]

Three years later - 2026

After experimenting and sacrificing innocent soldiers' life, the Richardsons have finally figured out a way to make it work.

They also find out the process is more effective when used on a child in growth, perfect for their plot to betray the government. During Charity's pregnancy, she hides herself from the rest of the world, except from her family and Jacob.

In the year 2027, She gives birth to a beautiful baby boy and names him John, she overules her husband's Manny. They forge a birth certificate and other important documents, stating that John Freeze is the biological son of Jacob and Marine Freeze.

Charity and her husband begin the experiments on John, right after he takes his first steps. The experiment is done secretly and is ended after six years on John's seventh birthday.

The experiment is over and successful. John is still alive and well. A few months later, they notice how their kid has changed and see something unique in him. They say their last goodbye to their son, who will now have no ties bound to them. They hand him over to his new parents and get back to working with the soldiers.

2040

Six years have passed by. John is thirteen and has decided to visit his biological parents. He wants to show them something amazing, but...

Before John left the Richardsons he vistited Jacob and Marine often, he already knew they were going to be his parents.

John lives happy life with Jacob and Marine. They love him, one could say, more than they promised they would do. They always give him everything he needs, what they can offer. They help him understand his abilities. Underneath their house is a massive hall in which he can move and destroy as much as needed. His real power lies in nature.

They call him a magician.

He taps into the energy surrounding him. Moving a chair without the need to touch is an easy task for him.

Telekinesis, nice one!

Currently, he only has control from a specific area with a specific amount of mass. John isn't yet strong enough to handle everything by himself. Marine is always surprised every time he uses his abilities to finish up tasks.

She thinks it's cute.

Even as a young teenager, John's strength surpasses many grown-ups. Marine, though she thinks John is too young, too cute and innocent, doesn't ever hide his nature and history from him. *He needs to know everything to build up his personality. John is a smart boy and will become a good man one day!*, she always tells her husband.

John believes he is the only gifted human being in the world. He has never met anyone like him. He dreams of becoming someone who will make sure his rules are everyone's rules - absolute!! To bring balance, piece, harmony. He believes it is the only way he can help the world. Until then he, will hold back and try not to hurt anyone.

*Violence leads to destruction and doesn't help anyone achieve his goal, not always*, he tells himself, with a comforted voice.

He pledges, *Even though I'm this powerful – probably the most powerful to ever exist, I won't turn evil, nor will I have the thought of destroying someone because of something he did, might do, or could do. I am the personification of happiness, love and peace – I will be the hero to save us all!*

What a man! He has a high purpose and an amazing goal in this life. Will he be able to fulfil this promise? Is his goal too much to take on one's self? It might be too much of a burden. What do you think?

His training is working well and school is fun, he states. He loves playing the hero in every situation he and his friends get into. He discovers different perspectives of his powers. He has just learned to sense kinds of auras and knows to whom or what an aura belongs to, the main flow of life.

On a Friday...

John is walking home alone as he usually does, but today he has decided to take a new route. Instead of walking through the big city, he uses to walk through, he walks around it, through a smaller one.
*It's much longer, should be fun*, he whispers to himself.

A few minutes in...

He meets an old man meditating in his garden. He looks peaceful. John greets the him and asks if it is ok to join him on his peaceful trip.

The old man doesn't deny his request and answers, *of course kid, you sure can join me. You know, meditating helps the human body rest and build up a strong soul.
I could try explaining to you why meditating is good, and what good it does to a human being but I am afraid you do not have enough time today, do you?
First, you have to work out and become stronger, only then will meditating have the best effect on you.
Though, I do have the feeling we will be meeting up quite often. What you want to call me is up to you. Give me a name that suits your tongue. What is your name young boy?*

John answers, *I'm John but my friends call me Johnny or just J, and as for you, I will call you Grandpa, you are nice and old and wise. I hope, maybe you will help me with more than just meditating. Are you good in the subject they call physics? You know, I have this big secret thing going on and it can change history.
Maybe for now, let's be friends and learn a little about each other. You can be my first old friend, what do you think?*

Grandpa accepts the friendship and teaches him how to concentrate and meditate. This goes on for an hour.

He goes home after his peaceful hours and tells his mother about his day and the new old friend he has made. After a short nap, he decides to visit his biological parents throughout the weekend and picks up clothes for a weekend.

The next day

John arrives at his hometown. He recognizes the sweet smell of nature filled with something unfamilliarly different. It smells unpleasant.

*Is this iron? No, iron smells different. I'm not only smelling - more smelling and sensing.
I sense an aura being exposed, much more than usually.
I sense danger.
I sense life and something else, is this death?
It is death!
I've never sensed death before, why would I think it is death? The dead soldiers from our basement...
What is this?
Why am I having this weird feeling in my stomach?
Wait, I don't sense my parents.
I can't hear their voices. Are they out on vacation?
No, they should be too busy to go on vacation.
Wait, I sense them, they are the exposed auras, mixed with others.
Are they like me?
How are they able to expose their aura this much? This is scary! I have to find out what is happening! Come on move faster boy!*

These thoughts run through his head for three minutes straight.

He tries moving faster, but it seems something is scaring him off. He slaps himself several times until he is finally able to move faster. The moment he arrives at his house, he discovers something more unpleasant than what he was sensing. Freshly killed corps, dead bodies laying around, starting from their hall. All of them with wide opened eyes.

He walks over them until he reaches his parent's laboratory. There, he finds his parents, dead. 

Everything, every single voice around him cancels out. He is frozen for a minute, then bursts out in rage.

Every tinniest particle, visible and invisible to the eye gets blown away. Every object made out of glass bursts, and the frequency of sound is unbearable to the human ear, like a nuclear explosion.

John unlocks a different side of his. His eyes glow red!

Chapter 2, end.

********************