Chapter 40: It's Time

BRIAN'S POV

'How much longer are we going to be filming? I don't like being away from (Y/N) this long. She is due any day now.'

"I think we have a couple more hours of filming, would you like a break to call and check on your wife?"

'Yes please give me a few minutes.'

He pulls his phone out of his back pocket, pulls his headphones out of his ears, and dials her.

'Hey beautiful, How are you feeling?'

Hey, I am ok. I have been having some Braxton hicks but nothing that seems like the real deal. If anything happens I will call the set assistant and they can pull you.

'Are you sure you are ok?'

I promise babe, I don't think today is the day. Try to enjoy the last day of filming. You are going to miss it until the next season.

'You are right. I love you!'

Love you too!

As he hangs up one of the directors yells something and they get into their places. They are doing one of their grocery store bits today. They are posing as employees and they are setting up displays that they will not know what it is till they begin to put it together. If they refuse they lose. Sal is up first, Brian was in charge of Sals bit. So of course he had to go with old faithful.

As Sal goes to open the first box he hears a cat hiss and he jumps and backs off.

"No way, no way!" He says in a big reaction that has all the shoppers looking at him.

'You got to do it! Or you loose! You really gonna let a couple cats get you!' Brian teases.

Sal inches close to the box and as soon as he opens the lid again the cat hisses. Sending Murr and Q in a laughing fit as Sal hits the ground in terror.

Sal stands up and marches away from the display. Soon he walks in the back and as he does Murr hisses at him and Sal takes him to the ground.

"Well that was quick" one of the crew members says as the enter the break in between each set. Brian goes to find his seat and he pulls out his phone...

'You doing ok?'

............
YOUR POV

Why can't these google searches give you anything definitive on the difference between Braxton hicks and real contractions. You say out loud as another one rolls through..

You start timing them to get an idea of how far apart they are. That seems to be one of the only indications, other than your water breaking, that you may be in labor.

You really didn't want this to happen while Brian wasn't home. So you decide you want to chill.. sit on the couch and just relax. You turn on your comfort show with your glass of pineapple juice. They say it helps with labor so, why not.

Once the contraction is over you stop the timer and notice that it had been five minutes. And now we wait for the next one... Even though you are super tired, taking nap is out of the question.
Five minutes later another contraction rolls through... and then the cycle begins to repeat...

You pick up your phone to call your doctor...

Hey uhm.. I'm having contractions and they seem to be about 5 minutes apart. Should I-

As soon as those words leave your mouth you feel and hear a gush of water spring between your legs and instant release...

Well...my water just broke!