Chapter 4: Shopping

YOUR POV

You woke up cuddled up with (Y/BF) on the couch..

Oh crap, what time is it? You say patting all over the couch for your phone.. You find it in between two couch cushions. It's 11:30AM

Awh shit! You say jumping off the couch. I have a meeting at 12!

During the night you had got up to go to the restroom, and looked at your business email because you had a new notification. It was a last minute meeting scheduled by your manager..and you totally didn't set an alarm to wake up! You grab your laptop from off the kitchen table and run it to your office. Turning on  your computer and laptop.. Once those are on, you go to the bathroom and jump in the shower super quick. Enough to wash your body and get to feeling somewhat normal. You fix your hair and do a light makeup look. You throw on some nice black pants, socks, and a red blouse.. You go and sit in front of your computer, it is 11:50AM so you have about 10 minutes to get yourself ready. You pause to take a breather and look at your phone..

Brian Quinn~ "Good Morning, I really enjoyed last night. I forgot to tell you that I gave your business card to our producer yesterday because they have been look for a graphic designer. You should hear from them sometimes soon! Hope to see you soon.🤪"

Your heart beat races, working for the Jokers? No way.. Could this be why you are having this meeting that was scheduled last minute.

~Thank You! I did have fun last night, we should do something again soon! 💕

You pull up everything you think you will need for the meeting, and then wait for the email to start the zoom call.

Once the email comes in, you feel your anxiety rise.. But you click the link and put on our professional face..

"Good Morning (Y/N)! How is everything going?" Your manager says, with a huge grin on his face.

Things are well! I am moved into my new place and getting to know the area.

"Well we can tell you have handed out your business cards, and must I say... You have been finding the right people. I got a call from a staff member with the Impractical Jokers? They are interested in having you do some graphic design work." He sounds excited.

Well that's awesome! I would love to take the job! What all do you need me to send over?

You say pulling up your folios on your laptop..

"I will shoot you the email of the project manager over there at Impractical Jokers, they would like to see your folios. So make sure to send over your best, after that they will contact you if they have further questions. Or they will send me all the paperwork, I will look over it and send it to you, then you will have the job and they will be speaking directly to you."

That sounds amazing! You say getting your email drafted and ready to send..

...

The rest of the meeting was spent going over due dates for other projects, setting up some contacts for new clients, and just doing a wellness check to see if you enjoy working through this company.

After about an hour or so, you get off the call and finish your email to the project manager.

Once you finish, you look back at your phone.

Brian Quinn~" Do you have any plans for later today?"

~Yes, me and (Y/N) are going to do some shopping. Then go see a movie, we aren't sure which one yet.

You walk out of your office and hear the shower running and your friend singing to the top of her lungs..

You go to your kitchen and pour yourself some coffee, your phone vibrates.