Chapter 35: But I want You....

YOUR POV

As soon as you stood in front of her grave, you grasp the pregnancy test in your pocket and you feel your body crumble to the ground..

Mom... I messed up... It's my fault... I thought I would be so happy in this moment but all I can think of is that I just ruined my relationship... I am pregnant...

You croak out those last three words as you lay on the ground, letting all of your emotions reel.

.......

You don't know how long you've been here, but you feel numb at this point. You could stay here for days...

Suddenly you feel arms wrapping around your body, and your hearing isn't comprehending who it is.. Your eyes are so blurry from the hours of crying and you are sure your face is covered in tears and snot...

You look up and see the man you are so in love with, that will soon leave you once he finds out how much you've messed everything up..

'(Y/N)! Look at me and breathe baby girl.. I am right here'

You start sobbing again and try to push him away...

'No you aren't getting away from me again.. What happened babe' He holds you closer to him...

You pull the test out of your hoodie pocket and hold it in your shakey hand....

He takes it from your hand and his eyes go wide..

'We are having a baby' he says in the most breathless voice you have ever heard from him..

He stares at the test, 'aren't you on the pill?'

Your breaths slow down when you realize he isn't acting angry at the moment, just... shocked..

Through your cries and sharp breaths Yes...When I got sick and they put me on that medicine, it canceled out my birth control..

He finally looks away from the test and looks back into your eyes and you quickly look away, and the tears fall..

'W-why are you so upset... Don't you want kids?' He says cupping your face and turning it back to him...

But I want you...

A hiccup cry escapes you as you feel your body crumbling even more..

'Oh baby' He wraps you in his arms tighter and kisses your cheek for a long second..

'As much as having a child really makes me nervous, and is not something I would have ever thought I would want for my life... I really have been thinking about how it wouldn't be that bad to have a family with you...'

Those words fill your soul with so much love and peace...

You aren't going to leave me?

'I would never..'

You wrap your arms around him and cry, but this time it is happy tears...

He pulls you up and the two of you stand... He bends down slightly and whispers to your belly

'I know you can't hear me, but I am your daddy..'