Chapter 21: Nets

YOUR POV

'Hey I just called for some breakfast, I'm gonna hop in the shower and get dressed.' He kisses you on the cheek.

You woke up early to email in some graphics for the promotion department. And ever since then you've been working on some last minute stuff. Once you finished what work you needed to do now, you decide to do a quick google search and see if the paparazzi sent the pictures to anyone. There is no articles, which is kinda nice.

You hear a knock on the door and jump up, throwing on your robe as you make your way to the door. The room service brings in the food and it smells amazing..

Brian! The food is here!

He comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips.. it's still not real that he just is walking around.. in a towel.. his your man... how did you even get here?

'Let's eat beautiful' he kisses you, he takes a seat, shoving the bacon in his mouth.
.......

"Todays rehearsal, tomorrow's the show! Let's get out there and have a good time!" The director says as everyone cheers..

I'm gonna go sit and work on some stuff and watch y'all..

'Ok babe' he says kissing you in front of everyone..

You find a seat where the audience sits and pull your laptop out of your bag... you watch as he rehearses, cracks jokes, does just down right silly things.. and your heart skips...
.....

After a long rehearsal, you and him walk out towards the car.. Brian grabs your hand and you hear the clicking of cameras and through the noise you hear Brian say 'if you don't want the pictures, keep your head down..' he opens the car door as soon as he gets close enough and the two of you pile in quick.

'Sorry babe' He says as the two of you begin to buckle.

Hey.. you need to stop apologizing... it's fine..
You grab his hand..
............

What do you want to do for the rest of the day? Shop? Sit here? Go to a movie?

'I think if we cross the border into Georgia, the Hawks and the Nets are playing each other. Let me see if we have the time for it...' he pulls out his phone. You go to the desk and check on a few more emails.
Where are we going next babe?
'Back to New York.. looks like it isn't too far! We should make it. Want me to buy some tickets?'
Sure! I love the Nets!
'That's my girl' he gets up and kisses you on the cheek.
.......
Y'all's ride drops you off at the arena, and Brian takes you by the hand.. He sports his Nets hat, a denim jacket and black T-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes.. you picked your black jeans, white T-shirt, black leather jacket and black hey dudes..

Before you take your seats, he grabs a beer and a hotdog. You get a soda and some popcorn and then make your way to the seats.. of course he had to get as close as possible. You two are practically in the front.. The teams are out on the court doing their warm ups and the music blares..

'Have you ever been to a basketball game?'
No, but I've watched plenty!
You shove a handful of popcorn in your mouth as he takes a gulp of his beer..
'Well, I'm glad I got to take you to your first real game..'

He grabs your face and kisses you...
Soon the announcer comes loud through the speakers and the game begins..

1stQ- Nets 38
Hawks-10
2ndQ-Nets 80
Hawks-68

During halftime Brian left to get you two some water and a small snack. While he was gone your mind couldn't help but think about the cameras.. was he worried about being seen with you? But he told you yesterday that he didn't want to keep it a secret.. why can't that just simply be enough..

When he comes back, you think he has spotted the worry on your face... he wraps his arm around your shoulder and pulls you into him..

'hey princess, stop looking so down.. aren't you having fun?' He plants kisses on your cheek as his other hand grabs one of your hands..

I am having fun, I just have a lot on my mind.. just worried.. we can talk about it later..

You lean in and kiss him on the lips.. which he deepens.. You can smell the alcohol on his breath and you pull away..

'I'm sorry..' he grabs the listerine strips out of his pocket and pops one in.

I love you baby..

'I loveee you more' he looks you up and down with that look you've grown to know so well..

3rdQ-Nets 109
Hawks 100

'Shit shit shit! Come on guys!!'
Brian stands and claps when they get the ball..

Common!!!!

You join him in the hollering..

We got 5 minutes left on the clock
Nets 120
Hawks 115

They have called a timeout.. and Brian plops down in his seat.. rubbing his eyebrows with his fingers.. you sip you water and watch him...

When the game begins he sits up in his chair intensely watching.. 2 minutes left...

1 minute left..
Nets get the ball..
they are dragging the time out
Kevin Durant has the ball! And he gets the 3 pointer and the timer goes off!

4th Nets 130
Hawks 128

You both jump up out of your seats and shout... Brian picks you up and spins you in the air..

'FUCK YEAH!!!!'
They did it!!

As you and Brian pick up your stuff to leave, you hear someone on the court say "Q" you tap him on the arm..
It sounds like someone is calling your name?
You point towards the court..

Holy Shit.. Kevin Durant is coming your way..
"You're Q from the Impractical Jokers!? Man I love that show." He says running toward the two of you..

'Nice to meet you man!' Brian says as he lets go of your hand to reach out and shake his..

'This is my girl (Y/N) it's her first in person game.' You blush as you take Kevin's hand..

Brian wraps his arm around you as Kevin says something about his favorite episode is when Q gets covered in tarantulas. Brian talks about how he is traumatized. And you all laugh..

"Let's take a picture! All 3 of us." Kevin says while waving his assistant over.
You two stand by Kevin and she takes the pictures..

"Thank y'all so much. You made my night! Other than winning this game" he laughs it off

'No, thank you man..'

"Can I have your contact info so I can send you the picture?" His assistant says to Brian..

After they talk for a minute, Brian takes you by the hand and then whispers in your ear.. 'let's get back to the hotel for some rest.' He kisses your cheek..