Chapter 36: First Look

AUTHOR NOTE
I am so sorry it's been a second since I posted a new part. I had a baby and took some time off, still trying to get used to life with a baby! Hopefully, I can get some more chapters out as soon as I can 💛
............,.

BRIAN'S POV
The waiting room seemed like a freezer, as he looked around he saw mostly women.. there was a few couples... They made an appointment for the earliest they could that morning, maybe just maybe they can keep this out of the press for a second..

The door swings open "Quinn" the nurse says loudly in the room... (Y/N) grabs his hand and they walk towards the door.. Brian feels eyes burning on him as he tries to ignore the feeling.

They take the two of your through several hallways and into a room.

"Remove everything from your waist down and the ultrasound tech will be in shortly"

He watches as she begins to remove her bottoms and take the paper sheet and cover herself as she climbs up onto the chair, or table.. He doesn't really know if there is a difference with these things. He felt clammy when he feels her hand grabbing for his.

Hey, you ok?

'If I'm honest, I'm nervous... I'm not sure how to feel or what to expect..'

She smiles that reassuring smile that always brings him peace.. The door opens and the tech comes in.

"Good morning, My name is Megan, can you tell me your name and date of birth?"

She prepares the ultra sound wand and begins to explain the process and what is about to happen. "Just keep your eye on that screen."

He squeezes her hand and as Megan begins the ultrasound.. The screen lights up and after a few second their small baby.. His breath is taken away. He looks at (Y/N) and he can see tears welling up in her eyes..

"And here's the heartbeat" the rooms fills with the swooshing sound of their little beans heart. A tear begins to roll down his cheek as he stands up and kisses (Y/N) on the cheek..

Megan takes a few photos and measurements..
"You are at 10 weeks" and hands (Y/N) the pictures and tells y'all where to go to once she is dressed.

As Megan leaves the room, he goes to help (Y/N) sit up and he notices the tears rolling down her face. 'Hey hey, what's wrong?' He cups her face with one hand while wiping the tears away, I am just, in shock.. I am honestly, so happy..

..............................................................................

The rest of the appointment went really well and we currently have all the appointments scheduled out for the rest of the pregnancy...

As they are about to walk out of the office Brian's phone rings... and he stops when he notices its the PR...

'Hello?'

"Hey Brian, uhm are you at the doctors office right now with your wife?"

'uh yes? How do you know that..'

"Brian you need to stay there, see if they can keep you two in a room we can pay them. The paparazzi has been alerted and they are all outside.."

Brian grabs (Y/N) before she can get out the door..

'Let me talk to (Y/N) and see what she wants to do.. guess you will find out soon what we decide.. Thank You.'

What is going on? He can tell that she's agitated..

'The paparazzi is outside, we need to decide if we want to sit in here and wait or go out there...They will make assumptions and there will be stuff everywhere quick.. Honestly either way there is going to be something being said... we can go out there and make out announcement when we want.. or hide and let them still do the same thing just without picture proof..'

Let's just go out there, let them say what they are going to say. We can announce when we want to announce..

Brian sighs, grabs her hand and they brave the crowd outside.. not answering any questions..

...........................................................................

"It's fucked up man, who would rat on y'all.." Joe says as he sips his beer.

'It had to been one of the people in the waiting room or the nurses.. But I feel like the nurses wouldn't do that. I know there are some high profile patients that go there.. So I am almost sure the nurses didn't do the tip.. I talked to the staff there and next time they will handle things different.'

"Well that is good, is (Y/N) ok?"

'Yeah, she's not happy but we are figuring things out. Did I show you the ultra sound photos?'

"No, I would love to see them. When do you two find out the sex?"

'Oh, here in about a week. (Y/BF/N) is going to be planning a reveal for us.. You are invited of course.. '

"I thought you couldn't find out what you are having till at least 20 weeks?"

'Bro, things have changed. They can do a blood test! It's kind of awesome..'

"I am so glad you are happy Brian, I really am.."