Chapter 15: I am an Idiot

BRIAN'S POV

It's been 1 week... 1 week since he has heard her voice.. seen her face... He has avoided the office.. avoided the house..

He replays that night over, and over, and over again..

It was so much fun, watching her enjoy the music and dance.. Her excitement.. She was beautiful... Happy and glowing..

He remembers the night at the dance hall.. How they danced and held each other. Making out by the bathrooms..

Brian is in his hotelroom, this is where he has spent most of this week... Going through his thoughts, feelings and emotions.. He wanted to give her space to cool down, but now it's turned into him being in a deep depression... It takes him right back to when his engagement broke off.

He hears a knock on the door, and he gets up and when he opens it... Sal is standing there..

"You look like shit..."

Brian rolls his eyes and steps aside so Sal can walk in..

Sal flops on the bed... "We need to talk..."

'I really don't want to-'

"NO.. You are gonna hear me out and then you are gonna do something about it.."

Brian pauses, hearing the anger mixed with care in his voice...

' I know, I'm a fucking idiot...'

"Yeah, you are you little bitch.." He says with a chuckle... Some people would take that as an insult, but he knows he doesn't mean it that way.

"You have been down and out ever since that night.."

Brian remembers busting in Sal's house a crying mess.. like a hormonal teenage girl as he spilled his guts to Sal..

"Do you like her?"

'Yes, I do...'

Do you think you love her..

Brian pauses... and his heart swells..

'Yes... I think I do..'

"Then why didn't you tell her?"

'I fuckin froze man, the fear that she was gonna walk away if she found out how much of a wounded dog I am.. She isn't going to want to stay? Who wants a guy that was previously engaged?'

"Q.. I have meet (Y/N).. do you honestly think she would have reacted badly if you would have told her?"

Brian sits there and thinks for a moment..

'No, she probably wouldn't have left me..'

"Then why the hell are you sitting here sulking! Get your ass up and go get her! Brian, you have been my best friend for YEARS... I have never seen you so happy.. I have never seen you giddy and cheerful like you are with her.. God, this relationship has been the best thing I think to ever happen to you outside of knowing me.." He says with a hairflip..

"Look at that picture of you two on your phone.. Look how happy you are.. GO GET HER!"

Brian stands up and looks at Sal.. 'Help me pack.'

"YES YES YES!!!" Sal says jumping up and helping Brian pack his things to go..

And as him and Sal walk out of the hotel, Brian stops and hugs Sal tightly, 'Thank you for snapping me out of it..'

It was a 4 hour drive, so he had a lot of thinking he really needed to do.

He is going to tell her everything,

Everything that hurts, everything that makes him want to break down and lose it..

He wants to tell her how much she means to him and why he was speechless that night..

How scared he was and how it took him right back to his past..

.....

He stopped at a flower shop before he made it to her house and grabbed some flowers.. Maybe this will soften the load of the night..

He gets out of his Jeep and  as he is walking towards her house he notices an odd car in front? He has never seen it before, and it looks too beat up to be in this neighborhood..

He hears (Y/N) scream and he turns and sees the door to her house wide open!

He runs in the house and hears her continued screams..

As he looks around her house he notices that it is a mess.. She never lets it get this way....

He runs to her bedroom and he sees some man on top of her and she is fighting him.... he has a pillow over her head..
.............
YOUR POV *TW Physical Violence/Abuse*

You miss Brian.. Ever since that night you you didn't want to get up for work.. you actually took a day of sick time because you couldn't even get up...

Today, you decided you would go to the store.. You where running out of things and you couldn't put it off anymore.. So after work you went in and grabbed a few of the things you needed and then went home...

After unloading all your items and putting them in their place.. you went to the bedroom to shed you clothes, you slipped on some leggings and you put on Brian's hoodie..

You wanted to see him..wanted to apologize about how you acted that night.. You shouldn't have reacted that way... I miss him...

You grab your phone and as soon as you unlock it you hear what sounds like your front door being opened.. You quickly call 911...

"911 what's your emergency.." I think someone is in my house.. you whisper... you get up to hide when suddenly your door to the room swings wide.. you drop your phone in hopes he didn't see it Anthony Sims your voice shakes as you say his name in hopes they will hear it... your body starts to go into fight or flight mode...

"You really think you can just run away like you did? You should have known I'd find you, bitch.."

He says throwing you on the bed and then crawling on top of you while you start kicking and screaming..
"Oh darling, this won't take long.." he says pinning your legs between his and grabbing a pillow and smothering you..

As you flail and scream, all the memories begin to flood back.. all the nights he beat you and threaten to kill you...

You start to cry, knowing this would be the moment... You keep trying to fight but you can hardly breath...

But you hear a muffled sound as you begin to drift out of consciousness...

Suddenly you are free, and the pillow is thrown off you.

'Who the fuck are you! And what do you think you are doing..'

You sit up, you can't see through your blurry vision but you know that's Brian...

Soon your vision clears up and the panic is still overwhelming you.. you just sit there and cry... hyperventilating... Then you hear the sounds of sirens...

"Police!!" They holler as they enter your home...

'I walked in and the dude was on top of her smothering her with a pillow...' Brian says to one of the cops.. The cop comes over to you and sits beside you "Do you want medical..." you shake your head no... "Do you want to press charges?"
You look at Brian and he gives you a reassuring look... Yes.... As they take him out, one of the cops tells Brian that they will be calling you later to get your lawyers info..

As they leave...Brian shuts the door to your house and locks it tightly...he shuts off all the lights and finds you in the same spot you where...

You haven't stopped crying... and when you see him a new rush of emotions floods your body and you begin to cry even harder...

He comes over to you and crawls in the bed beside you..
'It's ok.. I'm here I'm here...' he says pulling your head to his chest and intertwining his body with yours...

You sob into his chest... letting every wave hit you.. he's keeping you above water...

You cry and cry... until you cry yourself to sleep...