Galatians 2 ~ Undead

0
I used to think Jee was a faker, so went round putting his followers down. Then he sent me signs from heaven, irrefutable. I saw the light and error of my ways. So went round telling everyone. Told you guys in Galatia.

1
Fourteen years later, went back to the holy city. Fourth time since I stopped being a hater. Long time born again believer. Took Barnabas you met before, and my new disciple, Titus.

2
Didn't go there just because I fancied it. A combo of signs, visions and events said I should.
The way forward revealed, I told the holy city crew what I'd been upto, running round showing foreigners the light. Mingling their beliefs with Jewish ones to make a new religion.
I didn’t shout about it though. The signs said do it on the downlow. Just a whisper to the bosses: James the Just, Peter Keykeeper and Darling John. In case my mingling didn't go down so well with the locals, you know?

3
Those three are proper old school Jews and live in the Jewish homeland. I thought they might make Titus the Cretian get brissed. But nope, they was cool as cats.

4
They wouldn't even have brought it up. But there was spies from the old religion watching us. They didn't like how free we could be with stuff like that. Made out they was new believers. Squealed Titus to the bosses.

5
But no one listened. All agreed it's best if the briss don't get forced on foreigners. As it's a new branch of the old religion. So grows in a new direction. Has new rules.

6
Those bosses are real VIPs. Heaven loves everyone the same, of course. Everyone's a VIP to Jee. Just they're the ones he picked to be in charge. They know their stuff. So I was chuffed they didn't feel the need to tell me anything. Shows what I'm doing is kosher as pie in their eyes.

7
In fact, they read the signs, heard my words and agreed. The holy spirit has picked me as foreign apostle for real. Just like Pete is the chosen holy land apostle.

8
It was plain as day to them. The spirit that speaks through Pete - the holy spirit of heaven - speaks through me as well.

9
When the three of them - pillars all of the holy city church - saw the spirit in me, they gave us the full thumbs up:
"Go, brothers," they cheered to Barny and me. "Be to the far lands what we are to this one - heaven's doormen - letting in all with a ticket of faith.

10
Just make sure to let the poor in too. It's not just for rich folks this." "Gladly," said we. "Love everybody equally. It's heaven's holy way."

11
Pete totally agreed with me. Yet when he came to visit me at Antioch in Syria, he made a bit of a blunder. So I had to set him straight.

12
He'd been stuffing his face on forbidden foreign foods. Like surf and turf with peppercream sauce.
But when James sent a crew up from the holy land, he hid. Scared they'd tell him off. As all they eat is kosher stuff.

13
The other Jewborn members of our Kristic Church look up to him. They'd surfed it up as well. So followed his example. Left half-eaten lobster plates on the table and skedaddled. Even Barny, my old faithful.

14
I couldn't let it slide. Peter was conflicted. Pulled between two cultures. I knew that, but still, it wasn't right. So when he came back later, I called him out in front of all. Not to smear his name. To get us all reading off the same page - the page the holy spirit wants us on: "The spirit told us to eat what we like," I said, "and we gotta work together. So we can't hide it from the kosher crew. Or they'll be leading one way, us another. Confusion in the ranks. Unity is key, ya dig? Might even tempt us to say one thing when they're here, another when they're not. We'll look like hypocrites. So only open honesty from now, guys, alright?"

15
Me and Pete are Jews, you see. Born into the Jewish way of life. We know the ancient torah law. Not like foreign folk.

16
Yet Jee showed us a different way. Said the law is taken too literal. Needs flexibility. Remolding to fit the times we live.
You can't get to heaven with laws too old. But by having faith in heaven. Plus the new laws and leaders heaven sends. Leaders like me, and leader of leaders, god of the world, Don Jee. Looking down on us from heaven now, guding us with signs.

17
If we follow the signs every day, yet break old laws along the way, it mean heaven is telling us to sin? Not at all.

18
Heaven's laws are flexible. Change shape to fit the times. Not rigid like a brickwall. Jee and me broke laws on purpose. As they're just outdated, like crumbling walls.
If I rebuild a crumbling wall same way it was before, I'm stuck in the past, not thinking of the future.
Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. Break a few laws to follow heaven.
Not really break. Just change, rewrite or reinterpret. Not on a whim by random folk. By signs and inspiration sent from heaven to a chosen few.

19
By the old law, I'm already dead, as I've broken loads without repenting. Yet I haven't broken any really. Just followed new ones sent by heaven.

✝️
The old me has been crucified like Jee. As he broke old laws just like me. Well, technically. If you take them literally. So like all Jews, had to sacrifice lambs to pay for his so-called sins. Which is what the old law says to do. But he didn't. Instead, he sacrificed himself. Swapped the lamb for himself. A creature for a god. A lamb can payoff one sin, but a god can payoff every sin. The sins of all mankind forever. If only we believe in him.
He died to pay off every sin. So guess what happened to him? He died and went to hell. Yet the spirit and El were good to him. They brought him back to life. As unlike me, he never sinned, and had no mortal father. He was the son of El. So his new, immortal god body, made of hard light, went to heaven.
Now he's omnipresent, watches over us. In charge, he is, of the holy spirit. Like telepathic tentacles, the spirit is. Joining the soul of Jee to me and all believers.
His spirit lives inside me now. The old me is dead and gone. Yet here I am, not dead, undead. The living dead, a zombie. Not moved about by my sinful soul, but Don Jee's pure and sinless soul. His soul now is the life in me. It pulls my strings like puppets.
Do I make my own choices, or go my own way? Not anymore. I put all my faith in heaven's holy way and Jee.
He loves us all. So got born on earth as one of us. Showed us that higher, holy way. Then gave his earthly body up. The final sacrifice. The death to end all deaths.
So no one needs to slay a lamb at the temple again to payoff El. El himself gave his son, Don Jee, as the last blood oblation humankind will ever need. For his blood was godblood and sinless. Precious enough to pay for all the sins of all the Jews, and all else who believe in him worldwide, from now until the end of time.

21
A free gift from heaven, graciously given. I for one won't pass it up. I'll grab it with both hands. It's priceless!
It's the new way to heaven, my friends. No more bloodbaths at the temple.
If bloodbaths were the way, the son of heaven would not have bothered even getting born.