Deuteronomy 31 ~ The Cloud God

1
Moses was the greatest prophet to ever live. For him, Jah parted the Sea of Reeds.
A crowd of folks from all twelve tribes were gathered at the Bethabara Camp.
He stood atop a rock so all could see, and said:

2
"I'm 120 years old today. My birthday. Adar the 7th. I can't even leave the camp no more. My joints are stiff. El said to me: "You won't be leading the tribes across the Jordan to the Promised Land. They'll have to go without you...

3
...But I'll be with them there, don't worry. I'll make sure they beat the natives."
So the natives will die or bow to you. For Jah will be there with you. They don't know him like you do. So sin a whole lot more than you. There was no war in Eden. In the New Earth, there will be no war. But here, in this sinful Age of Bronze, it is your punishment. So fight...

4
...Jah will ensure you win, commandeer the native towns, and to their fallen leaders, say: "All your base are belong to us." Like you said to the kings of this land we're in right now. King Sihon of Heshbon City, and Og of Edrei in the north...

5
...Jah will make sure it all goes to plan. Be an easy victory. Like stealing sweets from babies. Just make sure you take the sweets. Don't hesitate...

⭐️
...Be bold and daring in that strange, new land. Don't be scared of anyone there. For Jah, your god, goes with you. He'll be with you every step. Will never let you down. Depend on him completely. Then success is guaranteed."

7
As Mo was too old to lead now. It was time to pass the torch. So he shouted out to Josh. So everyone could see and hear: "Stay brave, my boy, and fighting fit. For you will lead this lovely lot into the Promised Land. The land Jah promised Isra's kids 300 years ago...

8
...Jah will lead you. Be with you. Never let you down. So have no fear. No shadow of a doubt."

9
Mo wrote all this down on scrolls, for the Levi Tribe, the tribe of priests. To go with their two Commandment Stones, kept safely in the Angel Ark.

10
He said to them: "In the Sabbath of the Land, the Shmita, every seven years, when all debts are forgiven, at the Festival of Wandering's end...

11
...When all the folks from all twelve tribes have travelled to the temple tent. Wherever it may be. Wherever Jah tells you to plonk it. From all around the land. Read these scrolls to them...

12
...Read these scrolls to everyone. To women, kids and men. To local folk and foreigners. All are welcome. All can follow. All can put their faith in Jah. All can serve him as you do. Let them hear the words of wisdom. Let them learn the holy lessons. Let them fear the path of sin. So they love Jah like you love him. So they walk the holy way...

13
...So kids who have not known can know. So goys who haven't heard can hear. So everyone can learn to fear the way of sin and love the holy way. So in that land of promise safely stay."

14
Jah said to Mo: "You're on death's door. You're soon to die. Bring Josh to the holy tent. I'll bless him with my spirit. So he can take your place."
So Mo got Josh and took him to the tent and said a prayer.

15
Jah wrapped himself in a cloak of clouds, rode a whirlwind to the ground, and stepped into the tent. Mo and Josh, praying on their knees, gazed up at the swirling cloud-god in amazement.

16
The cloud-god said to Mo: "Soon your body will fall asleep forever. Then your spirit will fly to heaven with me. There you'll meet Levi and Isra, in heavenly banquet halls.
Without you, the tribes will go astray. Far they'll wander off the holy way across the years. They'll worship rebellious gods of sin, instead of me. Love pleasures of the flesh instead of me. Break the laws I laid. Snap the deals we made...

17
...Eventually they'll lose my love and taste my rage. I'll curse them with bad luck and look the other way. They'll get hurt and sick and die. In clouds of doubt and woe, they'll sob: "Where is our god? Where is our god?"...

18
...I'm right here but where are they? Worshipping the gods of sin. So I'll not shine my holy light of cosmic joy upon them...

19
...I'll sing you guys a song in a mo. Write it down and learn it off by heart. Teach it to the tribes. Then even when you're gone, they can walk the holy way. Walk it of their own accords. If so they choose...

20
...I will lead them to the promised land. The land I promised Isra. The land of milk and honey. They'll eat lots and be happy. Then they'll eat too much, get chubby. Worship gods of gluttony. Beelzebub instead of me. Forget the deals they made with me. So I'll forget them too...

21
...Forget to lead and guide and shield them all from Satan's wrath. They'll cry: "But why? But why, oh, why? We don't deserve this misery." But they won't have a leg to stand on. As they'll be sitting on my song. The song will say: "Don't go astray or you will dwell in misery." They'll sing it every year. They'll know it off by heart. But will not really listen. Won't do as it says. Won't understand the meaning. So will wonder why the misery. Maybe then they'll pay attention. All these things I see before they happen. For I am El, the god of time. Of present, past and future."

22
Jah sang then, the most wonderful song. It was the best song in the world. Most beautiful voice in existence. It seeped into Josh and Moses's brains. Into their very spirits. Barely could they comprehend it. Recalling only fragments. Both wrote copies down, and taught it to their followers.

23
Jah said to Josh: "You will lead the people to the promised land. Have no fear. Just follow me. I'll be with you every step." Then Jah vanished like a morning mist.

24
Mo wrote everything Jah said on a scroll and put it with the other scrolls.

25
The Levi Tribe was in charge of pitching the holy tent in every camp. He said to them:

26
"I've written all these scrolls for you. Keep them in the temple tent, beside the earthly angel ark. A Book of Law. A Torah...

27
...You need it, you guys. You're so rebellious. Always misbehaving, sinning, wandering astray. Even with me here to lead you! How much more when I pass away?...

28
...Tell the twelve leaders to gather round and speak to me in person. Their ministers as well. Gotta make sure they know the juice. Make sure they know, as well, that heaven knows they know, so there's no excuse...

29
...I'll soon be dead and gone. I'm old. Yet I can see it now. Years down the line. Without me here to guide you. You'll stray so far from the holy path, you'll utterly corrupt yourselves. So El will unleash hell on you. Hell for all your wickedness. No one to blame but you. You'll have brought it on yourselves."

30
After telling all this to the Isra crowd, Mo cleared his throat, hummed a practice note, and sang the song Jah sung to him aloud.