Isaiah 40 ~ The Path to Peace

0
I told you, if you wasn't good, the wrath of Jah would fall on you. You wasn't, so it fell. Conquered and carried off by Babylon.

1
Now I see a vision. New dawns on bright horizons. El whispers, like thunder rumbling in my ear: "Tell my harrowed little lambs it's gonna be alright...

2
...Tell the mother city, Salem, the war for her is over. Her sins have been paid off. Babylon collected for me everything she owed to me. Struck her and her kids for all their sins."

3
El fell quiet as the sun. An angel from a cloudtop yelled:
"Cut a pathway through the eastern wilds. A highway through the desert for El Jah. One day you'll call it the Mashriq. Road of peace to the ancient east. Where Babydad and Israel shall live as one. Two brothers of old united again...

4
...Winding over every hill. Through every valley. Bumps all smoothed. Divots filled. Nothing shall block the carriage wheels...

5
...The glorious new dawn will rise in the east and spread its rays across the world. Arabs and Jews will witness it together, side by side as long lost siblings reunited. I know it to be true. I've heard from the Don El Jah himself."

6
Another angel from a cloudtop yelled: "Tell the world. The whole wide world."
"What shall I tell it?" The prophet asked.
Tell them this: "Men are grass, and their finest king is nothing but a flower in the field...

7
...Grass wilts. Flowers fade. Jah whispers and their fate is made. The wind of death. All men - at the mercy of his life-taking breath...

8
...Flowers wilt. So too the wisest sage. But age after age, the Scrolls of El stay with us...

9
...Stand atop a hill, my boy, so everyone can hear, and sing this song to them without a doubt, a care or fear...

10
...Jah, ruler of all creation, will ride his sun chariot high into the endless sky. True king of the world. King of all the gods. Coaches of heavenly treasure, like spring clouds, rolling behind him, waiting to rain on the hearts of all believers, parched on the earth like blades of grass and flowers...

11
...He will feed and lead them all to pastures new and green, like a shepherd leads and feeds his sheep. He'll cradle them like lambs, near and dear to his beating heart. Guys and gals, young and old, he'll carry softly in his arms. Lead them gently with godly charms...

12
...He cupped the great ocean in the palm of his hand. A puddle too deep to plumb.
He measured the sky with the distance between his pinky and his thumb.
He counted the specks of dust of the world like wheatgrains in a basket.
Weighed the hills and mountains like heaps of sugar at the market...

13
...Who's ever told him what way to go?
Or taught him something he didn't know?...

14
...Given him any good advice?
Shown him the path to paradise?...

15
...The greatest nations of the world are water droplets in buckets to Jah. Specks of dust on weighing scales. Strings of islands are sandgrains on his little fingertip...

16
...If we could burn all the forests of Lebanon. Every beast that walks beneath the forest boughs. Send them up in smoke to El Jah's kingdom in the clouds. It would not be enough. Yet he accepts our humble little altar offerings...

17
...Empires, everything to us, are nothing to him. Less than nothing. Mere vanity. So have no faith in emperors or kings. Have faith only in the king of all who puts them on their thrones...

18
...Is there anyone like Jah? Who can compete or compare with him?...

19
...A master craftsman sculpts a perfect effigy of ivory. A goldsmith gilts it with silver ribbons. Yet it lifeless in the temple sits. Is that the best a man can do? Sages chant spells bringing golems to life. Yet mindlessly they lumber till they crumble...

20
...A poor man picks the finest log of wood that will not rot. Then carves himself a little Jah to worship in his house. Yet Jah is all around. Anyplace you go, he can be found...

21
...Don't you know? Ain't you heard? He gave the word and angels built this world we're living in. It's written in the scrolls...

22
...He sits above the blue sky dome, like you'd sit above a bucket. Sees armies waging war like swarms of locusts hopping. Stretches out the nightsky like a curtain flecked with gold. A tent for all the world to slumber in...

23
...A prince, a rising star, will come to nothing without Jah. Jah can kill a king like a little kitten's plaything. No judge can rule against him. He wrote the law...

24
...Kings, rare flowers, scattered round the world. Their roots so weak and shallow. All Jah has to do is breathe, and those pinnacles of humankind, draped in imperial finery, turn to dust and vanish with the wind...

25
...Who can compete with him? Who can compare to the maker of the earth and air?...

26
...Look skyward at night. See the stars. Like an angel army on planet Mars. He made them all. Knows their names. Sparkling in their armour. Jah, the angelmaker, stronger than the lot. Angel of archangels...

27
...Why, Israel, holy nation, sons of Jacob, do you say: "Jah don't show me the holy way. He owes me but he doesn't pay?"...

28
...Ain't you heard? It isn’t like it isn't known. Heaven is the Don Jah's holy throne. He invented time with a clockwork rhyme. Never gets sleepy, never faints. There's nothing he can't do or doesn't know...

⭐️
...If you're weak, he can give you power. If you're poor, he can make you rich. If you've lost all hope, he can give you some. If you're flagging, he can prop you up. Give you energy to keep on going. Tireless in toil. Burning midnight oil...

30
...So Israel, why complain? Even young men soon grow weary and faint if they go their own way...

31
...But those who follow Jah breeze through, like gliding eagles. He gives them all the strength they need for the day. Perfect amount. So they never fall asleep before the day's deeds are done. They do not tire when they walk. They do not weary when they run."