Matthew 5 ~ The Law to End All War

0
Two thousand years ago, on Beatitude Hill, Don Jee gave this message to people from heaven:

1
There were so many there! Everyone had heard of this amazing new messiah, thanks to his new friends - the apostles - spreading the word.

2
With sweet voices, he and they read his teachings aloud, raining words like soft thunder down on the crowd:

3
"If you're so sorry for your sin your heart is breaking in your chest, take heart, as El will be pleased. So the door of heaven will swing wide for you when you knock there in the afterlife.

4
If you've lost something near and dear or everything, in heaven you'll get it all back, and so much more!

5
If you're second-best in this dog-eat-dog world, don't worry. Some distant day, you'll get reborn in heaven on earth and be top of the pack!

6
If you're hungry for wisdom and thirsty for virtue, look forward to your time in heaven on earth. Your hunger will be sated there. Your thirst will be quenched.

7
If you're such a good forgiver, even though folks go hard on you, take heart. El will go so easy on you in heaven.

8
If you're pure of heart, even when the world is so sullied by sin, look forward to heaven. There you'll see the purest god in existence face to face.

9
If you always try to make peace in a world where folks is at each other's throats all the time, El will be proud to call you his kids when you see him up in heaven.

10
If you're "damned if you do and damned if you don't," as they say, so just can't seem to win, yet always try to do what's right, take heart. There's a ticket with your name on to heaven at the port of the sea of dreams.

11
If you do your best to follow me, yet everyone seems against you. If they frown on and don't get you, so say stuff they think is true but isn't about you, take heart. You'll get where I'm going. They can't stop you. You'll dine with me at heaven's banquet table.

12
They've always treated prophets and stuff like that. But the more problems you get on earth, the more compensation you get in heaven. So don't be glad, be super glad, my friends. Jump for joy.

13
You're like salt. Sometimes you say too much and put folk's noses out of joint. Like too much salt on food. So try not to say too much. Say just the right amount to make these heavenly facts taste yum!
Not saying enough is worse. No one hears anything then, so you just get ignored. By angels in heaven and people on earth.

14
Your kindness and wisdom light up this dark world. So don't hide and keep it to yourself, like a city in a valley, hard to see. Say it aloud for all to hear, like us atop this hilltop here. A city on a hill at night, flickering with firelight, is easy to see from far away.

15
Keeping holy knowledge to yourself is like putting an oil lamp under a table. Who does that? Fugitives hiding from soldiers? Kiddies making a table tent? Dudes put it on top of the table. Then it lights the entire house.

16
Do good deeds for all and share your wisdom with the world, so everyone gets enlightened, and knows who El in heaven is.

17
I know I say newfangled stuff, and you're all set in your ways and stuff, but don't hate me. I say stuff different to the scrolls, but it's the same stuff really. Just in different ways. So don't throw a hissy fit over it or nothing.

18
Stars and hills will crumble to dust, but what the prophets say, said one way or another, is wisdom from heaven, so will last forever. As everything from heaven is eternal.

19
However you word them, holy laws are heavenly. So anyone who breaks them carelessly, lowering bars for their coterie, will get a low rank in heaven's kingdom.
Yet he or she who raises the bar, by following laws and setting standards high, will get high heavenly kingdom ranks.