Hebrews 11 ~ Galaxy Girl

1
Hey chums, got any faith? What's faith, you say? Knowing the god of the world exists without laying your eyes on him. Knowing he'll give you gifts in heaven for being good on earth.

2
It's how the greatest Jews of all time got to be so great. Studying Jah's scrolls is one thing. Following with faith is quite another.

3
The scrolls say Jah spoke the world into existence long ago. We never saw him do it. We just have faith he's powerful enough and did. He's pretty much invisible. Yet the universe is here for all to see. So right away, from the first verse of the first scroll, we know all the stuff we see with our eyes was made out of stuff we've never seen. That gives us a firm footing on which to build our beliefs in the unseen god of the world, don't it.

4
Folks have had faith in Jah since long before the old scrolls were written. Like Cain and Abel. Why did Abel give Jah the finest cuts of meat, instead of just the offal? No scroll told him to do that. He did it because he sensed Jah's presence in the world and wanted to please him. But Cain, because he couldn't see Jah, assumed Jah couldn't see him either. So just gave his smallest, floppy little vegetables. That's why Jah cursed Cain and blessed Abel. So Abel was ways joyful. Cain got so jealous of Abel's inner joy he killed him. But Abel lived on after death and told Jah what Cain had done. So Jah cursed Cain seven times worse.

5
Likewise Enoch had no scrolls, but followed Jah by faith all his days. Jah was so pleased with Enoch he never even let him feel the pangs of death. A rare honour. Instead Jah opened a gate to heaven and beamed him right up.

6
Enoch got the highest honour without reading a single scroll. Know what that means? Faith is the supreme virtue. If you do everything written in the scrolls, but have no faith, Jah will be less pleased with you than Enoch. So if you wanna impress the Don, you gotta have faith. Like I said in Verse 1. First you gotta believe he exists. Next you gotta trust he'll reward you if you're good.

7
Noah is another one. Jah warned him about a future event that no one else saw coming, the global flood. Did he listen to all the doubters say it's all in his head? No, he listened to Jah and built himself an arkship. Right in the middle of a field, miles from the sea. Everyone thought he was bonkers. That was until the waters of the world broke loose and swept them all away like pieces off a ludus board. All except Noah and his fammy, safe in the ark, sole heirs to all the world. How cool is that?

8
Then of course there's Abraham, the daddy of the Jews. When Jah said if he went to a far off land he'd give him it, he went. He coulda stayed on home soil safe and sound, but nope, he went all the way. Not a scroll to his name. That's faith.

9
Everyone in his hometown thought he was mad. All except his dad, wife and nephew. They believed in him, if no one else did. When they got to the promised land it was full of foreigners. They had to live in tents as second class denizens. Legal aliens.

10
Abraham was looking for a city that didn't exist. A city he couldn't see except in his mind. A city designed by the Don himself. A city his scions would one day build. A city called Jerusalem. A city which will one day be built again.

11
Sarah couldn't believe it when her guests first said she'd have a kid at 90. But when she saw Sodom get wiped out like they said it would she did. She realised they were angels sent by the god she'd been following all this time. So her faith grew as her baby grew inside her.

12
Her baby had a baby and that baby had twelve more. Now there's more of us than sand grains on a Galilee shore. Someday there'll be more of us than stars in the sky. So it is one gal who was on death's door gave birth to a whole galaxy.

 So it is one gal who was on death's door gave birth to a whole galaxy