Romans 12 ~ Bodyparts

1
Folk sacrificed animals in olden times to El. Not weak, scruffy old beasts, worth pittance. The finest, healthiest lambs, most precious.
The Krista gave something even costlier. His life. So we should follow suit.
I don't mean suicide. Just letting El decide the day we die, rather than scheming up ways to survive.
Most of us ain't spring chickens no more. The finest of the flock. We're rough and old, so are we really even worthy sacrifices?
Let's make ourselves worthy as poss, by wiping our sins off, and polishing our virtues up.

⭐️
The way of the world is fight to survive. But what does it mean to be truly alive?
Forget all that survival of the fittest stuff. Worship the Don. Be virtuous. His spirit will fill you then, cleansing your heart and mind of sin, replacing it with holiness.
Then you'll see the difference. Between your anxious animal instinct, and the righteous, joyous, splendid will of El.

3
How do I know all this? El blessed me with wisdom. That's how. So I use it to teach. I use what I've got. If you don't got the gift, don't try to be what you're not, just learn and listen. Use what you got. Whatever gifts El gave you.

4
We all got different gifts, like bodyparts. Your body has lots of parts. Each has a different purpose. Your mouth talks. Your eye sees. Your brain thinks.

5
People are like bodyparts as well. All have different purposes. So it's best to work as a team. Team Krista. That's our team. Serving El. Spreading love and wisdom round the world.

6
El graciously gave us all different gifts, skills and talents. So we gotta put them to good use. Whatever your gift is, use it well:
If you can see signs and decipher their meaning, share them with us so we know what heaven wishes.

7
If you like doing odd jobs, do odd jobs for everyone. Let that be your thing.
If you're good at teaching, give it your all. Let it be your life's sole purpose.

8
Gotta lotta cash? Pour funds into the team's activities. Help us go further, do better, save more souls.
Are you a cheerful uplifter? Do you ooze encouragement? Give motivational speeches, pep talks or cheerleader dances then. Boost morale. Lighten spirits. Keep us going on the hard, holy way.
Got leadership skills? Are you the big brains of the operation? Lead dilligently then, night and day, never slacking off. Everyone depends on you.
If anyone owes you big time, and you have a chance to let them off, it's a gift, a chance to serve the Don by showing mercy. Leaders get it a lot.
Don't be glum about it either. It's one of El's creations you're letting off. He'll be over the moon and bless you. So do it with a grin and merry heart.

9
It's kind to let folks off. Say what they did wrong. Give them mild wrist slaps. Help them change their ways.
Cruel to harshly punish them for accidental slights. We all make mistakes. We're only human.
So try not to be a hypocrit.
Try not to tell others off if you do or have done or would do the same thing.
Or in a way you wouldn't like to be told off yourself.
If you want the right to be a teller offer, make sure your moral standards are high.
Never do anything cruel. Loathe the very thought of it. Always do what's good and kind.
If you tell someone off, do so as gently as poss. Respectfully, not scornfully. Else it's like you're just pointing out their sins to take the spotlight off your own.
They say the biggest blamers are the biggest sinners. I guess that's why.

10
So instead of going round pointing the finger of blame, love people like brothers and sisters. Your own flesh and blood. We're all El's children, after all. Made of atoms. Everyone.
So even the strangest stranger is your brother. The spookiest spinster your sister.
So honour them, don't shame them. Don't curse them, bless them.
They say the biggest blessers are saints behind the scenes.

11
So be a saint, bless everyone. Everyone, every day. All of El's creations. Let it be your passion.

12
A blesser has much to be merry for. Heaven awaits them when they die. So put up with all your troubles stoically. Pray them all away to El. He's there for you. When you pray, he wipes your fear away. Swaps it for heavenly hopefulness.

13
Help fellow believers especially. Be hospitable to them. They won't cause you bother. They'll help you, not hurt you. Help the world like you. Serve the Don like you.

14
Even be kind to troublemakers. Don't rub shoulders with them often. But don't badmouth them either. Try to see the good in them. Say nice things about them. You'll help bring the best out of them then.

15
If anyone is happy, friend or foe, be happy for them. Happy with them. How can you do that? Try to see what's made them happy. Put yourself in their shoes. See things from their perspective. Then you can feel as happy as them. Ain't that amazing? Better than feeling jealous of them, isn't it? See their joy and mimic it. Take some of that joy for yourself.
Not only will it make you merry, itta make folks like you as well. They'll sense you feel happy for them. You want them to be happy. Have their best interests at heart. That feeling of shared joy is known as friendship.
Likewise if they're sad, put yourself in their shoes. Imagine what it must be like for them. Feel what they're feeling. It's called empathy.
If you start smiling or leering or laughing or cheering when you see someone crying, they'll think you're cruel, coldhearted, uncaring, so hate and distrust you forever. So stop that! Then they'll like you again.

16
When you feel someone's pains and joys, it's called "being of one mind" with them. You think and feel the same stuff as each other. Laugh together. Cry together.
Many folks may never get to learn these wonderful secrets. Often it's just those who read a lot.
So don't be a book snob who only chats to other well-read readers. Or look down on the unedified, like you're better than them or something. Share the wisdom. Tell them the secrets to your success.

17
Never go looking for payback or revenge. If someone is bad to you, don't be bad back. Or you're no better. If you're evil to an evil man, you're just as evil. So what right have you to judge them?
Take the moral high-ground instead. Don't lower yourself to their level by being cruel and vengeful. Rise above it by being merciful and kind.

18
If possible, live at peace with people. It's always possible, isn't it. If you think it's not, do the impossible, prove yourself wrong.
Even if they've done unletoffable crimes, let them off. Even if your country is at war with theirs, treat them well. They're heaven's children after all. So heaven will reward you.

19
This philosophy isn't new. The ancient scrolls say it too:
"No need to chase, just let folk be. El will get 'em eventually."

20
Another scroll words it differently:
"If your foe is thirsty, pour him a drink. Give him a bite to eat. Itta be like throwing embers in his face. Even better. As you'll stay in El's good books for being good. Yet your foe, in due time, will feel his fury."

21
So don't let vengeance burn in your heart. Itta give you heartburn, Elburn and folkburn. Put the fire out with kind thoughts and faith in the Don.
But what if lost souls harbour burning vendettas for you? Don't worry. If they burn you at the stake, your pain will be over. But the flames in their hearts will smoulder a thousand lifetimes.