58

"What do you think you're doing?" a female voice irrupted in Raven's fogged memories.

"She can't be here, your majesty. She's the prince's bride."

"Would you please get off my fucking back? I need to think."

"Maybe do not take her in the middle of the palace if you don't want to rise a scandal." The first voice blurted out angrier.

"I didn't have much time to think. Now back off." And this time, it was an order followed by a growl Raven didn't recognize. She knew it wasn't Zed.

Her vision was blurred by the bloody tears and she felt cold. It was so overwhelmingly icy, that she had begun shaking out of her mind. But she had made peace with her death. She just wished she had enough strength inside of her to tell Zed he would be okay.

She just wanted to sleep once and for all. She was ready to go.

But then Zed spoke and something inside of her shifted.

"My, My little Lynx. Are you leaving me without a fight?"

She didn't know how, but her heart whispered a response. It stretched against her ribcage and looked for something.

Unbearable pain pierced her body as Zed dipped his hands inside Raven's chest and she felt him fist her heart keeping it from stopping. He squeezed it in regular motion to mimic her beats.

Raven coughed painfully. More blood floated out of her.

"She is almost dry, Zephyro. Let her go, it's the merciful thing to do."

"She will go nowhere." He retorted with a voice that resembled a cave full of ill sentiments. He was out of his mind for some reason Raven couldn't understand. "Do you hear me, Ravenna? You're staying with me, you like it or not. I couldn't save my mother, but I'll be damned if I can't save you"

Suddenly, a breeze lifted from the musk pavement and soon after turned into a full blizzard wrapping around them like a protective shield, keeping everybody else out.

Raven wanted to go. It was her destiny. She knew it would hurt at first but he will be okay.

"You never did this on humans." The voice stated worryingly

"That's why it has to work."

She closed her eyes, let her head fall to the side and took one last breath, imagine that she would simply be gone. She had died in the most beautiful way possible, like Ami, protecting what shew loved: the animals.

There was nothing else she could ask for.

But her heart, longed for one more thing.

And even if she laid on the cold ground, powerless. Her core didn't want to stop fighting. She felt something slither inside her, it was dry like ice but hot as lava. It spread through her veins like poison and embraced her wounds righting everything she ever did wrong. Like when Araxys had poured fire on her to give her a new life. it felt familiar almost like coming home after a long time being away.

Raven welcomed it like she would an old friend. Death was a sweet victory, after all.

Something was tickling her face and when she found the strength to lift her lids, Raven discovered soft snowflakes were timidly flying from the ceiling dancing all around her body. Zed's manifestation when he was pensive. They usually reacted based on his emotions. It seemed oddly calm. She blinked, staring down at her body dusted with white shiny crystals and shook her head. Usually nothing would last on her warmness but it was a cool feeling she found she enjoyed.