17

"Whore." He had said and Raven was completely paralyzed. If she let go of the handrail she would fall again, making a fool out of herself.

Soldiers had begun to crowd, nobles linger waiting to see what was going to happen. Raven moved one hand to stop the soldiers.

"It's alright."

Her glare held the man's. he stood a little straighter than his back would let him.

"I know you-"

He spat again, this time at her feet.

Raven sighted and with her dressed wrist she passed it over her humid cheek. She didn't care for the humiliation, she cared about the unjust hatred every single soul she attempted to save was showing her.

She wanted to them right instead she condemned them all.

"Who gave you the right to speak for us?"

Cheers were barely heard through the other servitude.

"We didn't need you."

Raven attempted to open her mouth but the sound of metal being unsheathe caused her to hiccup in fear.

The sword had taken all the time I the world to slide out of its sheath because it was a warning for death and Raven recognize it well.

Before she could do anything, the sword flew in the air hitting the man right through his mouth. The impact was so strong, the body fell on the other side of the room and got pinned to a column right in the middle of a crowd of slaves.

Everyone suffocated every reaction as they part while the prince made his way from the top of the stairs, dropping right in front of the dead body.

He had killed him without hesitation.

A defenseless man.

Angry for her stupid mistake.

A life took without reason. In her name.-

"Anyone wants to say anything else? Please do, I feel merciful today."

The silence that followed was answer enough for him.

"The Princess is under my protection, if any of you ever attempts to touch her again." He pointed to the dead man pinned up and his hand welded the sword as he slit it down opening the body in half. "I will not be as kind, understood?"

The man intestines poured out pooling on the floor at his dangling feet.

Raven left the railing, she was mad. What about his family? What if they were watching. He could have a wife, a daughter.

What about them?

Raven felt the pressure of the prince's shadows attempting to hold her. she wished to be burning hot so they would hurt him. and eventually she was, because they retrieved.

She reached the man's body and pulled the sword out throwing it carelessly to the floor.

What was left of it crumbled.

"Hatchling."

"They can't keep doing this, X. It's not fair. They are simply cruel."

She had seen many guts during her life but the man's face and especially his lifeless eyes, were getting under her skin. Even when she blinked, she could see them haunting her forever.

She pushed the intestines back inside the body and ripped what was left of her right sleeve to dress it at best she could. Before she could reach with her palm and close the man's lids the shadow came back for her.