51

Raven was shaken up by Araxys worried nudges. When she had jolted seated, she was covered in a sea of sweat and had cried tears of blood again. And this time, no one had been there to clean them beside herself. Flashes of Zed holding her in the water, his hand over her head, the way he had turned hugs into embraces and how she missed it now.

Raven was never emotional. She had grown in the forest and there was no time to care of human matters. Yet she felt as if someone had dug a hole in her chest and every time she woke up and was o longer on the swing.

Her eyes couldn't focus until she had washed her face thoroughly. The basinet had turned pink so Raven poured it outside from Araxys' Lair. The dragon eyed the woman buzzing all around the room. She was trying to take care of everything so when Lady Jane would come wake her up, she wouldn't be worried.

"My magic is out of control again."

"It's not magic, hatchling." Raven had her hands full of stained sheets when she faced her dragon startled. The golden eyes had sharpened around her, she felt tired but not different from her usual. What was he not telling her this time.

"You need to mend your heart, it's bleeding out."

"My heart?" how does a heart bleed out anyway? It's not something humans did.

"Yes. Your magic originates there and if it is unwell, it pours through you. It starts from your eyes but if you don't do something, you'll start throwing up blood very soon."

"What you're saying to me is that I still haven't moved on? You heard me, I said goodbye. I'm ready to move on and heal.

He sounded doubtfully.

"Maybe it's a good thing that you're seeing the prince this afternoon. What is it that humans use to say? A little hair of a dog?"

"Uh?" Raven was genuinely confused. She was not familiar with humans saying so Araxys rolled his eyes.

"You will be careful?"

"Yes, X"

The dragon nodded stretching as his slithering long neck moved from side to side and he sat up. Zeus hooted from above Araxys forehead and Raven smiled. She called him expecting for him to fly on her shoulder like he always did. Instead, this time his head turned to an impossible angle and after jumping forward, he turned and disappeared behind Araxys.

"What's gotten into him?" Raven inquired as she put on new lingerie.

"I'm not sure. I believe it has to do with the fact that he's not going to see your king anymore." Raven's heart vibrated like a chord when Araxys had said her king.

"If he likes the king so much better, he can go visit him on his own behalf." Zeus whistled offended from somewhere far back.

"You heard me. Go to him, what do I care."

Raven turned; her arms crossed. Now, one thing was to have a bleeding heart on her hands, another was to be betrayed by her closest friend. Now she hated Zed for being so charming he ended up luring even her owl.

"He says it's not wise."

She was going to ask why but then she understood. Maybe Zeus thought that if he showed up to Twistal, Zed would leave everything and come here to check on her. And he must have noticed it would not be wise for them to meet after what went down. The owl had become a live signal of danger for the king. Last time he had come to visit him, Zed had rushed to her, worried she was in trouble.

But this time, it was different. He had removed himself from her life, she didn't feel him at the pond and she didn't feel him now. He had closed all doors and she was left out.