40

Raven felt a tender sense of heaviness on her body. When she begun to cramp, her eyes flutter to find the king spread half over her half on the mattress. His right arm, strongly pressed to her side to keep her from rolling off the bed.

It was still pretty dark outside for what Raven could see but the moon was no longer in sight. She couldn't be too far anyway, considering the mountain of a man at her side. Raven carefully slithered away, sliding a pillow under his toned arm and gently brushed the hair off his face. His left pointy ear slickered almost unnoticeably but Raven redeemed it normal reaction to her touching. He looked still sound asleep.

He had kept his word and Raven had been happy to had come here. He didn't try anything, he slept keeping her temperature under control. It was really hand that he was as cold as snow.

Rave tiptoed outside, the green moss under her toes was like walking back home after a visit to the market. Natural and relieving. Nothing like nature to make her mind function back again.

Outside the small room, Raven wasn't prepared to see something as breathtaking as this.

He had said that his mother had enchanted the room so it would be able to grow greenery, but this, this was what Raven's mind couldn't ever register, not even after a lifetime spent here.

Not only the floor was entirely covered in grass and moss with sporadic tiny bushes and white and light blue flowers, there were actual animals walking from any part of the corridor.

And they didn't seem to be bothered by her presence. Raven walked past foxes and used the hand banner to decedent at the castle entrance. Little bell flowers hang on the banister and they sung as her hand passed over their stem.

The castle didn't have doors, except for the rooms, it was made of large arches and windows without any glass. Snow permanently fell on every inch, as small lights danced around the scene.

Raven had to sit at the bottom of the staircase to just take all in. she stood so still while she analyzed and impressed every detail her mind, that animals had begun to cross closer to her.

A white rabbit climbed on her lap standing on his two back paws o clean his eyes adorably.

Raven had to try everything she could not to squeeze it into her arms, it looked soft. Raven's hands deepened into the grass and she closed her eyes. The small bunny dropped from her lap and after sniffing her, it gave her a small lick as if to see if she was edible. From the looks of it, Raven could see it didn't think so and it hopped away.

Then Raven saw something as majestic. A deer, with halters so tall it where double his size as he stroll in between the other animals.

Two legs in a very low pair of pants drop down th stairs and Raven eyed a very barely dressed Zed smile down at her.

"Go pet him."

"Can I?"

"Yes. He's very gentle." Raven snapped on her legs. She didn't need a second encouragements. She moved closer to the deer that had stopped roaming. It was white with a black nose and green eyes that blinked very oddly. He scrolled the snow off his mantel and stepped right in front of Raven.

Raven felt her body bend and she curtsied to the deer without really knowing why. The deer seemed to appreciate and bent his right leg falling with his head down slowly before returning up.

Raven's hand reach for his neck ad he stepped to the side so she could have full access. Raven let her hand run across and almost cried. This felt so right, being accepted by animals made her feel herself again. They didn't know evil. They were the pure definition of good and she wished after so long, that she could still be returned to her forest, that maybe she could still live like she did after everything. The deer's head fell to the side so that Raven's could wrap her arms around it and he let her hold him like that.