Chapter 43: "This just done pissed me off."

Steve: Who were they?

Bucky: Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history except for of course one.

Bucky said and I looked down not exactly being proud of it.

Sam: They all turn out like you?

Bucky: Worse.

Steve: The doctor, could he control them?

Me: Uh duh!

Steve: Said he wanted to see an empire fall.

Bucky: With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming. The only other person that can do that is Y/n. She just escaped before they made her do it.

Me: Alright that's enough.

Sam: This would have been a lot easier a week ago.

Steve: If we call Tony . . .

Sam: No, he won't believe us.

Me: Even if he did . . .Who knows if the Accords would let him help.

Steve: We're on our own.

Me: Maybe not. We know people. I already made the calls. And by the way during the attack I got your stuff. Get in I'm driving.

I said uncovering a car that I may or may not have stolen.

Sam: Why do you get to drive?

Me: Because I have nothing to live for and I sure as hell drive like it.

Steve nods in agreement but then pauses realizing what I just said.

Steve: Y/n don't say things like that.

Me: We'll meet up with everyone in about 24 hours. I need to make a 'call' I'll be back.
_________________________________________

Secretary Ross: I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?

Tony: We will. GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it.

Secretary Ross: You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this.

Nat: What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve and Sam. Or at least try because none of those bullets are touching them with y/n there.

Secretary Ross: If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math.

Tony: All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross. They have y/n with them. You know the girl that made you shit your pants. Imagine what she would do if she gets provoked. She could wipe out a whole country just for a mission. Imagine what she would do for a friend. You gotta let us bring them in.

Secretary Ross: How would that end any differently from the last time?

Tony: Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed.

Secretary Ross: 36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson and the Nymph.

Tony: Thank you, sir.

Tony slumps, exhaling.

Tony: My left arm is numb, is that normal. Nat pats him on the shoulder. He has a massive black eye and a cut on his brow.

Nat: You alright?