Chapter 22: "I fear I might be too late"

Me, Nat and Wanda got our nails done and went home to get dressed for the mission. We walked in singing "Ratatata" by Konfuz because it was our favorite Russian song.

"Take it away Wanda" Nat said as Wanda started singing the corus and I joined in and we were vibing until Tony walked in looking really pissed.

I smirked walk passed him, gave him his card and kissed him on the cheek "Thanks Tin Man I forgive you, but no more secrets"

"That wasn't a twenty three thousand dollar four hundred and sixty dollar secret" he responded as we started walking away

"You're right" I said as he's phone pinged and his face went red

"Y/n you spent eighty thousand dollars on my card to buy a car!!! And why did you spend so much at a department store." Tony shouted

"Love you Tones" I replied and ran up the stairs as me Wanda and Nat giggled and went up the stairs to get ready. We went to my room because apparently Tony gave me the better room. They're so over dramatic.

"We have to leave at 17:00pm and be out of the building by 19:30 so we would be back by 21:00" Nat said as we started unpacking our shopping bags.

We spent the next few hours getting ready and laughing. We heard a knock on the door and I was still in my gown but I went to open it. It was Bucky.

"Hey wassup cyborg" I said teasing him. "Haha very funny" he responded. "Would you prefer Bucket" I asked

"Hell no!" he responded annoyed

"okay then Bucket it is" I say then he growls and I try not to laugh but fail.

"You a jacket I can borrow? Steve's closet is full of color". He says to me

"Ahh, never take clothes from a man who owns red jeans." I laughed as he chuckled

"Don't worry I got you, wait right here" I went in and got him my favorite leather jacket and brought it to the door.

"Woah that's vintage where'd you get it?" Bucky asked very curious.

"I have my ways, hear take it" I said to him handing him the jacket on a coat hanger.

"Are you sure?" He asked in a shy voice

"Yeah take it now I've got things to do" I said as I see a smile on his face as I close the door.

"What was that about.?" Nat asked

"It was Bucky he needed a jacket" I responded

"Why didn't he ask Steve" Wanda says

"Have you seen Rodgers closet, it could make a circus jealous" I responded as they nod in agreement.

At 4pm we were finally ready. We walked downstairs and saw the guys chilling on the couch suspiciously.

"What are you guys doing" I asked seeing they acting weird.

"Dammmmnnn ladies, you sure do clean up nice" Sam said looking Nat up and down. I always knew he had a crush on her but she stupidly liked someone else.

"You look really good Y/n" Scott said smiling at me.

"Not to shabby right for a person with no social life right?" I joke with him.

"Wow" I hear behind me I turn around and see Bucky standing there.

"Hey" I say

"Wow you umm...look great" he said looking at me not breaking eye contact.

"Thanks Bucket" I say with a smile, I was grateful for his compliment but I was really hoping it was someone else saying those words.

"Please don't call me that" he said that's when I noticed his tired eyes. So then I pulled him aside to the other side of the room.