Chapter 42: "How long will it take you to kill me?"

Traffic rolls around the victory column. Police convoy drives beside the river Spree. Amidst the convoy is a gray armed truck. Inside Bucky wears restraints inside a prison pod. Three armed guards sit on the other side of the glass-walled pod. A police motorbike stops traffic and a van driver looks affronted. The convoy turns a corner onto a bridge across the river. In an SUV T'Challa sits in front of Steve who sits in front of Sam who sits next to me.

Me: So, you like cats?

Steve: Y/n

T'challa: Y/n you know damn well it is panther.

Y/n: You know damn well it's a panther. No the fuck I don't.

I mocked him. And Steve shoots me a look.

Sam: Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?

T'challa: Y/n what's wrong with you.

Me: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you! You're supposed to be my friend and you damn near killed me out there.

T'challa: Y/n....

Me: Shut the fuck up. I don't want to hear it.

The van went silent and Sam held my hand to comfort me. Soon Steve broke the silence.

Steve: Your suit . . . it's Vibranium?

T'Challa: The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior.

Me: No matter what he says that suit still looks like a cat.

T'challa: Okay Y/n all jokes aside. Your friend murdered my father. So, I ask you . . . as both warrior and king . . . how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

Me: Depends on how long will it take you to kill me?

T'challa: Y/n I don't want to fight you.

Me: Then you shouldn't have tried to kill my friend and me in the process.

T'challa: Y/n listen to me. I didn't....

Me: Fuck off!

I said swinging the door of the vehicle open as it just stopped.

Steve is stony faced as the convo .heads underground. In a light gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve, Sam and I get out of the SUV and I glance across at Bucky who doesn't spot me.

I walked over to Steve, Sam and T'challa who were standing with a grey haired man.

Me: What's gonna happen to him?

Everett Ross: Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition.

Me: No thank you.

Maria: This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander.

Me: I know who he is. Same guy from Wakanda.

Everett Ross: It's you? You're the one with the powers you really helped us win that fight. Wow you're incredibly powerful.

Me: So you remember.

Everett Ross: How could I not?

Me: So you know it's best to stay out of my way.

I looked at him with a death stare making him nervous. It was clear that I was pissed.

Everett Ross: You guys will have to stay here for a while.

Steve: What about our lawyer?

Everett Ross: Lawyer. That's funny. See that their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt.