Chapter 18: Project Insight pt 2

Rumlow and his men break into the control room, where Agent 13 also is, Rumlow walks over to one of the techs.

Rumlow: "Preempt the launch sequence. Send those ships up now."

The tech hesitates visibly, which irritates Rumlow.

Rumlow: "Is there a problem?"

The shield tech shakes his head nervously

Rumlow: "Is there a problem?"

SHIELD Tech: "I'm sorry, sir."

The tech takes a few nervous breaths before replying "I'm not gonna launch those ships. Captain's orders."

Rumlow points his gun at the tech's head.

"Move away from your station." He said then Agent 13 walks over to Rumlow pointing her gun at him.

"Like he said!" Suddenly all the SHIELD agents draw their weapons and point them at Rumlow "Captain's orders."

"You picked the wrong side, Agent. " Rumlow says to the agent

"Depends on where you're standing." She responds

Rumlow drops his gun, but as he does he grabs his knife and cuts Agent 13's arm, leading to the SHIELD agents firing their guns, amidst the bullets, Rumlow manages to release the Helicarriers and runs off.

Maria who was describing the whole situation to me through the coms let's out a sigh of disappointment. "He released the helicarriers"

"Damn that good for nothing blonde bitch" I say on the comms. I thought she was actually good for something.

As the bay doors holding the Helicarriers are about to be opened

SHIELD Agent: "Close the bay door! Close the bay door now! Close the bay door!"

The HYDRA agents enter and start shooting and killing the crew and techs; at the headquarters Hill watches on the monitor as the Helicarriers are being initiated.

Me and Thor Burst in and the Hydra agents fire at us we attack them and start taking them down.

"Why aren't you using your powers?" Thor asked me

I killed the last agent and ran towards the ships "Don't need em" I responded

He looked at me worried and suspicious, then followed behind me.

Maria Hill: "They're initiating launch."

Me and Thor make our way to the Helicarriers

" Y/n, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks from the air

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." I responded

Sam, in his Falcon suit, flies off and Thor heads down, the HYDRA agents starting shooting at them, Sam flies around avoiding getting shot.

"Hey, Y/n I found those bad guys you were talking about." Thor said

"You okay?" I asked him

"Yea I'm good" Sam responded flying off as the HYDRA agents continue to shoot at him

"Thor I was talking to you" I clarify

"I'm not dead yet." He chuckled and got back to it.

"Y/n that's cold" Sam says through the coms

Pierce watches from the window the commotion caused by Thor and Sam trying to stop the Helicarriers launching, he turns to Councilman Singh.

"Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution?" Pierce says as he hands Singh a glass of champagne