Chapter 34: "Curse of the bad birthdays"

I walked downstairs and was jumped on by someone and I flipped them over shoulder and they fell on the ground.

"Happy Birthday." They grunted while trying to pick themselves up.

"Oh my word, Bucky I'm so sorry." I said helping him up.

"It's okay" he said then I smiled at him then hit him by his rip cage with the back of my hand.

"Don't sneak up on me!" I said to him as he looked up at me with his hands on his knees.

"That's what I get for saying happy birthday?" He chuckled.

"My birthday is on the B/D." I said pouring myself a drink.

"Y/n it is the B/D, it's midnight." He said sitting by the kitchen counter.

"Not its not. My birthday is in a few days." I replied then he showed me his phone.

"Yes it is." He said as I stared at the date.

"Y/n you forgot your own birthday?" He asked and I looked at him.

"I haven't really celebrated since I was 5." I responded.

"Why?" He asked.

"6 year old birthday, mom died. 7 year old birthday 1st birthday without mom. 8, I got kidnapped and the rest is pretty self explanatory." I said sipping my drink.

"What about ever since you joined." He asked.

"My first birthday here i found out Thor was the son of my torturer then the next three years I was on the run." I responded.

"I don't think of celebrating because something bad always happens." I said nonchalantly.

"So today is the anniversary of your mom's death?" He asked.

"Yes amongst other things." I replied.

"Мои соболезнования" (My condolences)
He said and I nodded and gave him a smile.

"Get some rest later today we're breaking the curse of the bad birthdays! Be up at 10am!" He said starting to jog out the room.

"Bucky wait!" I said and he turned around.

"Nothing big please." I asked and he nodded with a smile.

I called my dad to let him know that they planning something for tomorrow so we might have to leave later but he's invited to whatever it is they planning. He said he'll be there.

I smiled at the thought that I might have a family to spend a birthday with this year.
_________________________________________

I woke up the next morning and I felt a presence in my room. I sat up and the lights came on and I see everyone standing there.

"Happy Birthday!!!" They all shout in unison as Clint pops a confetti cannon and Steve struggles with his.

"Come on Steve we went over this." Sam say walking towards Steve and the cannon finally pops but this time in Sam's face.

I laugh and hid my hands behind my back.

"Thanks guys!" I say as Nat raises her eyebrows looking at me suspiciously but with a smirk.

"What's behind your back?" She says stepping closer to the bed.

"Nothing why?" I respond already knowing that I've been caught. She jumps on the bed and wrestles with me until I finally push her off.

"Fine you weird Russian lady." I said lifting up the guns in my hands.

"You sleep with guns!!" Steve shouted.