Chapter 33

-Y/n's POV.-

I sighed, tossing and turning in my bed. I couldn't sleep. I really couldn't.

I buried my face in my pillow, muffling my screams.

He kissed me... He actually kissed me.

I couldn't stop blushing, I whined in my pillow.

Why? Why must you do this to me?

I turned to the small cream and pink colored cushion.

My precious...

I sighed again.

Iris.. Talk to me.

'What you want?'

He kissed me.

'I know.'

Thoughts?

'You’re more lucky than I initially thought.'
....

Are you saying you thought I couldn't get a man in the past?

'Do you want me to say something good for your ears or to be honest?'

Nevermind. Let's just get ready.

-

I was now at the headquarters, in the elevator.
My foot was tapping on the floor subconsciously.

I really couldn't get Chuuya out of my mind right now..

I sigh.

I can't believe he kissed me...

-Chuuya's POV.-

I closed the door to the boss's office, he had just finished relaying my next mission with Y/n.

I pressed the elevator button to go down.

The doors opened and I saw Y/n inside.

Was she coming up here..?

"Hey, there." I smirked and went in the elevator. The doors closed and we went down.

"Where were you going?" I asked her.

"Boss's office?" she said confusingly, "He said we'd get a new mission today."

"Yeah, we're gonna pick up some of our new equipment. Nothing too complicated, don't worry." I gave her a small smile.

Y/n blushes and looks away.

I smirked.

-

We were at a car dealing shop. A bizarre place to pick up new shipment, but I didn't mind.

Me and Y/n went through the different vehicles parked along with the dealer.

"This won't take long.." the man said.

"Wait right there, will you please?" I heard a familiar voice and froze.

I turned and saw a woman with purple hair.

It was that doctor from the detective agency.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"There's illegally shipped weapons and other equipment in this shop, and I wanted to investigate." she said blankly.

I narrowed my eyes, "Well that's strange, considering we're here for some equipment of our own." I crossed my arms.

Y/n stood beside me, her h/c hair, slightly swaying with the wind movement.

I smiled before turning back to the detective doctor with a glare.

"If you'd let me investigate, it'd be very much appreciated." she said.

I sighed and nodded.

"However, if you find out the equipment is ours, I'd suggest you not to rat us out. It's not like you can anyway."

She nodded and started looking around the vehicles.

"This is nonsense! That woman doesn't even have a warrant!" the shop owner argued. "She can't be snooping around the vehicles."

"Unless you have something to hide regarding our equipment with other things, then there shouldn't be a problem." I told him.

The man was about to say something but then he paused, closing his mouth.

I better keep an eye on him...

I turned back to where Y/n was standing, but she wasn't there.

"Y/n?" I looked around, treading through the shop area to find her.

"Over here!" I heard her voice coming behind a black car. "We found something."

I walked over to where they were at.

The trunk of the far was open, I looked inside.

My eyes went wide.

There was a dead body in the trunk. It's skin getting quickly dissolved by something very corrosive, the eyes open and sunken in. There were some other spilled acid chemicals beside the corpse. The smell of rot was wafting in the air. It was disgusting.

"Do you guys know who this is?" I asked, putting a hand on Y/n's shoulder.

She flinched but then eased a bit, seeming uneasy with looking at the body.

"I don't recognise him. But he's more or less likely a civilian until proven otherwise." the doctor said.

I looked around the other parts of the car.

I opened the backseat.

Shit.

It was our equipment, all in open duffle bags we use.

This is a trick.

"We're set up." I said to Y/n.

She took one look at the bags and nodded.

"I think we have a lead."