Chapter 21

I kept chasing after the very fast Elise through the streets. Why doesn't Mori do this himself? He does do it, but I can see why let me do it today.

"Elise, wait please!"

The little girl stopped and looked back. Elise smiled, and I managed to catch up to her.

"You-" I panted. "Are very fast."

I can't believe I was tired already. Geez, man, why??

'You'll survive..'
Ya think?!

I exhaled before standing back upright. I had a few more errands with Elise before I was done.

I had to
:Check on the shipment, (again for some reason)
:Buy some chemicals for Motojiro
:Get some more important documents from their informants
:Take care of Elise for the day while he's on a business trip

I sigh at that last part. But at least it was kinda fun. I've never done any of these things before and it'll be a start. But firstly though..

What do I do with Elise? I can't just bring her with me everywhere. Then again, she's just Mori's ability.

I'll just get the documents first...

__

I arrived at the place. It was just an old building somewhere somewhere in the slums. It was weird that their important stuff would be hidden here. Then again, it's the place a person will least expect.

I held onto Elise's shoulder and walked into the 'tent' it wasn't even a tent, it was just a weird looking box made out of sheets of metal covered with a tarp.

"Oi! Who are you?!" The man inside yelled. Why the actual crap did he have an Australian accent?!

"Uhh, I'm here for the documents??"
It was obvious that there was a literal trap door under that mat he's sitting on.

He looked at me weird, and a little suspicious also.

Let me be dumb again for a moment, shall we..

I nodded and showed him the thing the boss gave to me. The Silver Oracle.

The man had quite the expression when he saw it. Is this thing that powerful?

He sighed. "Be quiet and follow me."

The man stood up and lifted the mat. It made a whoosh sound before revealing a hidden door underneath it.

It opened with a low creak and he entered. I went after him.

There was a narrow spiral staircase, it was clean and I could see a light at the bottom. I'm surprised they would put their documents here still.

The room had it's walls lined up with bookshelves, drawers and a small chair.

The man then started to rummage through the folders and brown envelopes until, I'm assuming, to look for the documents.

"Which document?" He turned and questioned.

"The one about the 19/3 user." I have absolutely no idea what that means because it wasn't mentioned I'm the actual anime or manga, or fandom but then again. Since when are the secret codes ever revealed anyway?

"Ah," he turned to separate drawer. "That one has been most of the talk recently."

"Surprisingly, I've never heard of him." I reply, checking my watch.

"Hmm, I don't know much either. But he's been here. Let's just say I might've seen him fight."

What?! What that supposed to mean?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I saw 19/3. Last week." He replied. The man handed me the documents.

"And why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know 19/3 is your father."

..

"What?" I repeated. No way he's actually-

"Yeah, assuming your father has
D's/h/c (dad's hair color) and D's/e/c (dad's eye color)."

I could be a coincidence right? He's in the States. What's he doing here? In this world?!

"And why are you telling me this?"
I question. "How do you even know about this."

"Because, he was looking for you."

He's what?!

"And also-"

"Alright then, I think I'll leave with the stuff now. Thanks for the info." I say blankly before leaving with a folder in my hand.

__

I was stomping my feet very loudly until I noticed and stopped. I sigh.

Why is he here? Did the father from the other world die too? Or he's mine from this world. I felt my fists clenching, not from anger, fear.

What should I do?
'Maybe you could ask for help?'
Is that even an option? I can't just walk into Mori's office and ask, "Hey, can you help me kill my father that's currently murdering people to hunt me down?"

And I might've interrupted him as he was about to say saying else, what do you think it was about.
'Why ask me?'
..

I sigh, I just realized Elise tugging on my shirt. Kids..

"Are you okay, Ms Y/n?" She asked.

"Hm? Oh yeah, I'm fine." I smile at her and Elise smiled back before trailing forward.

I smile again, I guess this day will be over in a bit.

I watch her bump into a few people. And accidentally tripped someone and they fell.

Um.. Shit.

I ran towards her and the lady she tripped, helping her up.

"So sorry, so very sorry." I kept repeating as I helped her up. Sigh..

"It's alright! I'm fine." she responded calmly. Thank goodness... I sighed audibly.

"Yeah! Sorry, miss." Elise apologised too. At least she's nice.. Um.. I think..

The lady looked at me and Elise weirdly, almost familiarly. Um.. Should I be scared? Because I'm scared.
'Calm down, baka, she's not gonna bite you.' Not yet she won't.

She seemed at snap from her staring and shook her head, "Sorry about that, I'll get going now." she spoke before walking away..

Um.. I'm scared now..

---------------------------

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm evil-
You'll find out who this character is later~