Chapter 22

It was already a week and Chuuya is finally coming back from the break. I can finally go out on proper missions again. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait..

"Good morning, Nakahara-san." I greet him as I smiled. Oh my gosh I miss him so much.

'You're blushing.' Iris says.
Obviously I was. Do you not see how good-looking that guy is?!
'Not necessarily.'
..I sigh.

"Alright, hurry up to the boss's office." I say before walking to the elevator.

"You seem excited." He told me. Am I that obvious? 'Yes.'

"What do you expect? It's nice to see you at HQ." I blurted. Did I just say that?

I looked to see Chuuya blush a bit before turning away. He took a box from his coat, it was a pack of cigarettes. He's gonna do that in an enclosed space?

"Seriously?" I gave him a half-glare.

"What?"

"Smoking is bad??" I shrugged.

"And?" Chuuya glared back.

"Not necessarily for you, but uh..." I sigh. "Nevermind."

I put my headphones in and just hold onto the railing. Please let this elevator go faster..

///Chuuya's POV.///

Um.. Am I supposed to care..?

I just watched her put her headphones and lean to the side. I still had the pack and a lighter in my hand.

I sigh, I press the lit cigarette against the metallic wall. The burnt ashes fell to the floor a bit.

I put it in my pocket and lean onto the railing. I sigh before closing my eyes. This job better be good.

///Back to Y/n's POV.///

I stared at him as he leaned on the wall. Why did he look so much hotter in person? I really wanna hug him again like last time.

Geez, yeh last time was weird though. I definitely did a lot wrong at that time. Like, I get I'm being nicely bold over here but who just casually hugs a half-stranger and their superior in Japan?!

'You're being weird again..'
Shut up, Iris.

__

The walls greeted me once more, however this time the glass windows were covered. It was almost dark if it wasn't for that one light in the corner of Mori's desk.

"Geez, don't you guys have any lights around here?" I ask. 'Bold my foot.' Iris sighed. Huh?? 

"Oh, sorry about that. Anyway, you two are going to be taking out more ability user today." Mori stated.

"Hm? Another ability user?" Chuuya asks. "What are their abilities?"

"Neither of their abilities are known since everyone that came in contact with them died. No survivors."

I sigh. I'm assuming I already know whats gonna happen now.

"We're gonna work with the detective agency for this one, aren't we..."

"You are correct, Y/n. They'll be meeting you at the same place you did last time." Mori rested his chin on his crossed hands. "Only difference? The Black Lizard will be coming with you, and a couple others."

Geez, how many damn people do we need?

"Fine." Chuuya scoffed before leaving the office with a folder.