Chapter 23

//back to Y/n's POV.//

I walked forward away from Tachihara towards Chuuya. I officially creeped that guy out today. It was kinda funny.

Then I noticed something when we started climb the stairs. If no-one was talking, it would've been quiet. Like, actual noiseless.

I nudge Chuuya and he nods, he's figured something too. Suddenly, I felt something whizzing behind us and I turned around.

"The Black Iris." I said.

A black smoke went from my body towards the flying shards of glass coming towards us.

Iris made herself into a wall in front of the glasses and swallowed the pieces with ease.

My heart was racing wildly but I was still calm. I took out the Beretta 92FS from it's holster and held it up. I have never used a firearm before, hopefully this won't turn into a disaster.

After the whizzing stopped, Iris went away and back to my shadow.

I saw two people in front of the group, now that we turned around. Both of them were wearing hoods but I knew they were men, around their late twenties probably. 

One of them was holding a gun, an Uzi pistol. Damnit he has more bullets than me. Hopefully I'm not the only one with rounds here.

Of course I wasn't. Tachihara was already cocking his Desert Bagel whilst smiling. Geez, this guy really likes guns, doesn't he.

I looked and, phew, everyone has a weapon. Except for Chuuya.

"Why don't you have a gun?" I whisper to him.

"Don't need one. I have a knife." He smiled while showing me his tactical knife. Nice.

I turn back to the two users in the front. They still haven't done anything since we noticed them.

"And who might you lot be?" The one on the left questioned.

"We should be the one asking that." I tell him blankly.

I saw the words above their heads but didn't get a proper chance to read them.

Shattered Windows

And

The End Times

Those were their abilities. What do they do though?

'Shattered Windows: an ability that controls glass and glass shards on command. The End Times: a mind controlling ability that makes the person commit suicide the time, way and place the user wants.' Iris explained. Wait, suicide?! What kind of ability is that?!

'Dunno.' of course you don't.

That user is dangerous. The glass user however, is basically like a person that uses a gun. Only difference is that he uses glass as the projectiles.

I smirk and put the safety off my gun. I attach the silencer to it's barrel and check it's magazine. Full.

"So what do you want?" I ask, pointing my weapon at them.

"Simple." The same man spoke. "Abnegation of your boss. Our own boss wants that position of his."

"So we sent us to get rid of his executives." The other one told us.

"Not on our watch." Chuuya spat at them. Damn that attitude is hot.

'Now's not the time..'
Shut up, Iris.

"Just shut up already." The glass user vociferated. Damn, my terminologies are weird.

He fired his gun at a window, shattering the glass. Ah, that's why.

He then used his other hand to control the shards and fired them at us.

I recreated the wall barrier with Iris again. It got some of the glass but a few shards managed to get through and hit my arm.

"Gah!" I dropped my gun and put my other hand to pressure the wound.

I removed my palm and it was covered with blood. The shard wasn't stuck in my arm, thank goodness for that. But it still stung like an a--hole. I didn't like that sensation. It was only a  reminder of that man.

"Y- I mean, L/n, are you alright?" Chuuya was stuttering. Why?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Could've been worse." I reply.

I pick up my gun from the floor and then heard gunshots. I looked up and saw the user firing shots at us.

Where did the wall even go? Iris?

She didn't respond. What was happening.

"Aw man, did your little shadow go away? Sorry about that." He smiled at me.

Everyone turned just to stare at me for a moment before turning back to the front. I was so embarrassed, I gritted my teeth.

I blinked. I turned my head to the window. Jump. Jump out of it. Now.

Alright.