Chapter 27

I finish printing the last page of my report and sigh. Finally I was done!

I get up from my seat and pick up the papers. I neaten them a bit and put them in a binder. I’ll have to pass this to Mori in the morning.

Leaving my office, I looked around the hallway. No-one was here at headquarters? What time was it?

‘Maybe if you actually did your work instead of jamming to crazy rock music for two hours straight, then maybe you could’ve passed the report and left earlier.’ Iris was now scolding me... ‘Also it’s only 5 o’ clock so chill.’

I sighed before walking towards the elevators. Great.

The doors opened and I saw.. Chuuya?

What is he doing here?

“Nakahara-san, nice to see you.” I smile at him.

“L/n, how was the paperwork?” He smirked at me.

“I finished it. Why?” Well...

“Good. Anyway, are you heading home?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Then get inside already.”

I nodded and stepped inside the elevator. The doors closed and it started moving downwards.

I was getting twitchy again so I put my headphones on and play music from my phone. I didn’t like elevators, or small spaces in general. I was a little claustrophobic. Since I was a kid, I probably developed it after..

Sigh, why was I thinking about that? It’s already in the past.

Past my ass. It only happened less than a month ago and now I was here!

“Y/n!” I heard Chuuya snap at me.

“Huh?” I get out my train of thought and looked at him. “Could you repeat that?”

“Well, I was wondering if you can come over again. Like, now... If you want.” Chuuya was hesitant a bit but he said it anyway.

‘Oohh~.’ Shut it, Iris.

“Sure, if you don’t mind me asking for wine.” I scratch my head in awkwardness.

“Sure, I’ll give you some.” He smiled at me.

(timeskipppp) (cuz I’m lazy so sorry)

We were at his apartment again. Chuuya unlocked the door and went inside, I followed him.

I took my boots off like last time and placed them on the side next where Chuuya put his boots, coat and hat.

I went into the living room and Chuuya already put wine glasses on the table. He sure was fast..

“Sit down already.” He said.

I chuckled a bit before sitting down next to him as he started pouring the wine in the glasses.

“So,” I started. “How’re you doing??”

Chuuya put the bottle down before answering. “I’m fine.” Then he took a sip.

“Ya sure about that?” I leaned back. “You were wincing a lot yesterday back at the infirmary.”

I noticed him slightly blush but then swallowed. “That’s because it hurt.”

“Well, does it hurt now?? Just casually checking up on you, you know.”

I took the other wine glass and took a small sip. Chuuya was twirling his drink whilst staring at it. He looked like he was thinking about my statement.

“Hello, you still there?”

I was about to wave my hand in front of him when Chuuya grabbed my wrist.

“Do you mind and quit doing that?”

I quickly pulled my hand away and felt my face heat up so I looked away. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” I smiles a little.

(((Chuuya’s POV.))))

There was a full minute of silence between us until I started talking.

“Say, why do you care about me all of a sudden?”

Y/n almost spit out the wine she was drinking before answering.

“Give me a reason why I shouldn’t.”

“Well, you just met me.”

“Then I’d rather not say.” After saying that Y/n suddenly gulped down her entire glass. Why was that suspicious?

I decided not to focus on that and poured myself a second glass. 

It was a few more minutes of us just talking and it was just like we knew for a while. It was kinda odd that she kept calling me by my last name though. Maybe I should do something about that.

“You know, L/n,” I spoke.

“Hm?” She hummed. “What?” Y/n then looked at me.

“You can call me by my first name if you want.” I glanced at her.

Y/n chuckled a bit before replying. “Alright then, Chuuya.”

Holy shit.. Holy actual shit.. That sounded nice rolling off her tongue. I sort of want her to say my name again but that would be weird..

"Oh, and you can call me Y/n too, it's fine." she smiled at me.. Holy fucks it's adorable as shit..

Well.. I suppose this night will end well..