Chapter 42 - Final Chapter

Everyone sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Ann was still in a coma and they awaited news about her and the baby. Joe was sitting in one of the chair looking blankly in front of him. He didn't want to speak with anyone. Some people offered him coffee or water, but got no response from him.

Ann's mom sat next to him and was traumatized as well. Losing her daughter meant she was going to stay all alone and she knew she wouldn't be able to do that. Her whole body was shaking as Jazz tried to comfort her.

"It's going to be okay." Jazz whispered to Sophie, causing Joe to nervously tap his leg on the floor.

He hated hearing that. It was the love of his life. Carrying his baby girl. The thought that they may not be okay was destructive. He tried to push it away, but he knew it was a possibility. And it was his fault. He would never forgive himself.

Suddenly Sophie ran into the room, wearing a red suit and a red lipstick. She scanned everyone and rushed to Joe as soon as she saw him.

"I got here as soon as possible." She said, crouching in front of him.

The realization hit him that she was the only person in the room that didn't know about the baby. But at that moment he gave zero fucks. He didn't care about her or her opinion. All that mattered was Ann and Willa.

She got no response from him, which was not surprising. She took a seat on the other side of him and put her head on his shoulder. He frowned as he noticed he felt... nothing. He finally was over her 'spell'. He was done with her.

"She's going to be okay." She whispered.

"Can you all stop saying that?!" He yelled, making almost everyone jump. His voice echoed in the empty room and it was suddenly dead silent.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, moving a bit back. "What happened to you?" She asked noticing the bruise on his jawline.

He looked up at Nick who was there as well, but just as Joe, sat silently in his chair not wanting to speak to anyone. He was dead mad at him, but at the same grateful that he was there.

"Not now." Joe said through clenched teeth.

"Okay." Sophie said, rubbing his shoulder.

Suddenly the door opened and Joe quickly looked up seeing a man in a scrub. He immediately ran to him, a few people following him including Sophie, Ann's mom, Jazz, Kevin and Jinjoo.

"Mr. Jonas?" He asked.

"Yes, that's me." He nodded eagerly.

"Okay, I'm going to start off with saying that they're fine. Both Ann and the baby are stable." Joe squatted down, hiding his face in his hands and bursting into tears. "But she is still in coma. You may visit her, but one person at a time please." He said, leaving the room.

Joe couldn't help the tears that were falling out of his eyes. All the fear and anxiety was washing off of him and he felt as though he could scream. He was so close to losing them.

"She's pregnant?" Sophie said turning to Kevin with a face that showed million emotions.

"Sophie..." He sighed.

"What the fuck?" She grasped her hair.

"Okay, let me take this." Said Jinjoo, grabbing Sophie's hand and pulling her outside.

Joe didn't even catch that. He was too caught up in his thoughts, Ann's mom rubbing his back as she silently thanked god.

They were fine.

_____
Ann started to slowly open her eyes, feeling as though her head could explode any minute. She looked around the room and saw multiple bouquets of flowers and colorful balloons. She looked right and saw Joe passed out on a chair in the corner of the room. She groaned, trying to sit up on the bed. Joe immediately snapped out, running up to her bed and grabbing her hand.