Chapter 23

„Come on." Jin tried to pick her up from the floor. „We need to get on stage."

„Is he there?" She said between sobs.

„No, he already went on the platform." Jin said, fixing Ann's makeup. „He asked about you, but I told him to stay away from you."

„Thank you." Ann smiled at her.

„Okay, you're good." She said, fixing Ann's hair. „Now let's get out there and show him who's the real grand prize."

They returned just in time, as everyone started to rush on stage. She took a few deep breaths and joined them.

As she saw Joe rise to the stage her heart started to pound. He wasn't wearing his usual leather pants that she loved so much. He was wearing black, loose pants and a black vest with gold ornaments on it, with nothing underneath. It caught her off guard and she wondered if it was influenced by Sophie.

When he turned around they locked eyes and he eyed her. He pouted his lips and nodded in an approval gesture. Ann chuckled at his reaction and looked away. Is he just going to act like nothing happened? He probably had no idea she heard him and saw them, but either way, acting flirty towards her right now was a dick move.

She tried to avoid him for the rest of the concert, dodging every eye contact he was indicating. She noticed Sophie dancing and singing in the VIP section with Priyanka. She saw how talkative Pri was with Sophie, whereas with her she exchanged one sentence. Then she saw Danielle hugging her from behind. They all missed her and Ann instantly felt like an intruder. She fitted with their family so well. She fitted with him so well.

Then they started to play ‚Hesitate'. Even though she knew it was about Sophie, he always looked at Ann while singing it. But this time it was different. This time he didn't look at her at all. His focus was on her as she swayed to the rhythm and sang along.

When the song was coming to an end, she saw him wipe a tear from his cheek. She couldn't believe her eyes. He definitely still had strong feelings towards her and he wasn't even hiding it.

She felt sick to her stomach again and she looked pale at Mark, before rushing off the stage and throwing up again. She didn't even make it to the bathroom. The staff rushed to her and helped her to a chair as others cleaned her mess.

„I'll take care of it, please." She said weakly.

„Sit down and take a breath." One of the staff members said.

„Are you okay? Are you able to continue?" A woman crouched in front of her.

„I don't think so. I don't feel very well." She said, feeling another wave of vomit coming.

„Okay, we'll handle this. Don't worry about it. You have to take some rest. You've been on the road for a long time, it's probably from the tiredness and stress." Said the woman with a warm smile, before rushing to the rest of the staff.

It was that too, probably. But mostly, she just couldn't look at how the love of her life was slipping out of her fingers. And she didn't have any power in her to stop it.

Some other lady brought her a mint tea, which she was really grateful for and she decided to lay down on the couch in her dressing room with a blanket.

As she laid down and got lost in her thoughts, she let a few teardrops leave her eyes. She was tired of crying. Tired of thinking. Tired of all of this. All she wanted in that moment was a hug from her mom.

She heard the concert coming to an end and it wasn't long before Jinjoo rushed in her room.

„Are you okay?" She ran up to her and crouched in front of her.