Chapter 12

She said her goodbyes to her mom and Jazz as they took a taxi to Ann's apartment. She waved to them as they drove off and then she jumped at a sudden voice behind her.

"I think I got your mother's approval."

"Jesus!" She brought her hand to her heart. She turned around to see Joe with his hands in his pockets. "What?" She frowned, not really capturing what he said.

"Your mom likes me." He smiled vividly pleased with himself.

"Of course she likes you." She rolled her eyes. "You're Prince Charming."

"Oh, am I really?" He raised his eyebrow and got closer.

"Actually, more like Prince Full of Himself." She chuckled and pushed him back.

"That wasn't nice." He raised his hands to his chest in a shocked gesture.

They smiled at each other, before everyone gathered outside the venue. It was a secluded area at the back, so no fans had access. A big van approached them and they all entered. Joe sat in a seat next to a window and tapped the seat next to him, when he saw Ann. She looked around and saw an open seat next to Mark as well. She waved and sat down next to him, ignoring Joe's invitation. He looked back at her with puppy eyes and pouted his lips. She knew she had to keep her distance from him. He made her sometimes loose control of herself and she didn't need that right now.

They blasted music in the van and sang loudly, celebrating their first concert of the tour. After some time, they approached a mansion, that made Ann's mouth drop. She knew he was a millionaire, but never really thought about what his house looked like. But she definitely did not expect it to be this massive. The gate opened and they drove inside. The bus stopped and they all started to get out.

The front of the house had a big open space, with palm trees located in some places. The house was enormous, with lots of glass walls. She admired the building as they walked inside. She was speechless as she looked around. The house was perfect, made exactly in her style and what she always dreamed of. Everyone started to spread around, which made Ann realize it's not their first time around here. But Ann just stood there in the middle of the massive hall. There was a spiral staircase with a piano underneath it and about five doors leading to different rooms. Everybody went down the stairs. She decided to follow them to not stand out too much.

They reached a room that looked like Joe's man cave. It had pool table, darts, a gaming space and a bar. There was also a big open space with a DJ set in the corner. Joe switched on something and the lights turned into club neon lights. He went over to the set and turn on the music on his laptop. Everyone started dancing, already having a beer or a drink in their hands. She felt a little lost, so she decided she needed her shot of confidence.

She went over to the bar and scanned the shelves full of liquor in attempt to find vodka. She finally did and turned around to the countertop to fill a shot glass. She jumped, almost dropping the bottle. Joe was sitting on the bar stool.

"What are you doing?" He said to her with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" She frowned. "Getting a shot."

"And breaking rules." He smirked. "I told you we only drink tequila here."

"Well, I thought you already knew that I'm not the one to follow rules." She smirked and poured the shot down her throat.

"Ready to dance now?" He said while standing up.

"I'm not dancing with you, Jonas." She chuckled and passed him by, as she joined Jinjoo and Mark on the dance floor.

They danced and sang their hearts out, having the time of their life. It was a little overwhelming for Ann at first, but she adjusted to the reality. From the corner of her eye, she could see Joe glancing at her from time to time, but he respected that she didn't want to dance with him and stayed in his place. Well, she wanted to. Badly. But she knew she can't.