Chapter 10

Jinjoo was the first one to approach her. She looked concerned, knowing what had happened. She hugged her tight.

"We'll talk on the break, okay?"

"Okay." Ann gave her a reassuring smile.

"You okay, baby?" Said Mark while also hugging her.

"I'm fine, guys. Really." She laughed it off. "Come on, let's get to work."

The rehearsal went smoother than last time. Everyone already knew what they had to do and the atmosphere was a little lighter between Ann and Joe. They were able to interact and even had a few laughs. They were all really pleased with each other.

On the lunch break Ann sat down next to Jinjoo, Mark and Gabi, as she did last time. She really felt the most connection with the three of them. As they started to dig in the food Jinjoo spoke up.

"So how are you feeling? Like, really?"

"I'm... okay. A little overwhelmed still, but okay. It all happened so fast, from strangers to coworkers to somewhat of a fling to strangers again."

"Okay, my main concern is... did anything happen between you guys?" Said Jinjoo putting down her fork.

"No! Who do you think I am?" Ann laughed at her.

"Well, I know who Joe is." She rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you got yourself caught in his net. I thought you were smarter than that."

"Jinjoo!" Screamed Mark and put his hand to his chest.

"Just speaking the truth!"

"No, it's okay, Mark. I was stupid." She chuckled. "I'm just happy I didn't do anything I would regret."

"I heard Travis called you both to the office. How was that?" Asked Gabi.

"It was very hard. Nerve wracking. But he's a good man. He means well. He could have fired me, but gave me another chance."

"What?!" Jinjoo squeaked. "I didn't know that!"

"Yeah, relationships between band members is strictly forbidden in their politics."

"Girl, if you got fired because of Joe, I would kick his ass so hard, that he'll regret ever meeting me." Jinjoo stated clenching her fists while looking at Joe across the room.

"Stop." Ann laughed at her.

"Hey." Said a voice behind Ann. She turned around to see it was Kevin. "I was hoping we could talk?"

This took her by surprise but she immediately stood up. "Yes, of course!"

They went out of the cafeteria and into the corridor. There was a bench, so they decided to sit there.

"First of all: are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"Oh my gosh, everyone keeps asking me, I'm fine!" She laughed throwing her hands in the air.

"We're worried about you, that's all. You're new to this celebrity lifestyle and I know it can be a little overwhelming."

"It is, for sure. I had to learn the hard ways." She nodded.

"I wanted to talk to you about Joe." He started.

"Kevin..." she sighed, not really wanting to continue this topic.

"Just let me say it." Ann nodded and sat back to listen.

"I don't know what went down between you two, if there was ever anything, but that's not the point. Joe is... unhinged. And has been for a while now. I mean, he's 33 this year and we really want him to settle down, have kids...."