Chapter 31

„Hey babes!" Jinjoo ran up to her as she was strolling down the hotel corridor with her suitcase.

Joe wanted to invite her to stay at his NYC apartment, but with Sophie staying there, it would be really awkward. She was okay with staying at the hotel, knowing she will have her friends from the band there. She just prayed they didn't ask to many questions.

„Hey!" She hugged Jin.

„How was your break?"

„So good." She smiled. „I finally got some much needed rest."

„Same, but I missed you!" She punched her in the arm. „You never texted, never called. What were you so busy with?"

Her heart sank, as she quickly tried to come up with a lie. They didn't want to tell anyone about them staying together at Joe's house.

„I told you my mom was coming." She shrugged, trying to hide the redness on her face. She knew she was bad at lying.

„I heard Joe was in LA. Did you get a chance to talk with him?"

„Yeah." Ann sighed. „It's all good. We made up. He's back with Sophie."

„Yeah, I heard." She sighed. „That's going to be awkward as fuck."

„I'm okay with it, Jin." Said Ann, lying again. „I know he loves her, so I'm just happy they found their way."

Jin raised an eyebrow at her in disbelief, but decided not to continue the topic. „Hey, you look good. Did you do something?"

„Like what?" She chuckle, as they approached her hotel room.

„Like botox or something."

„What?" Ann frowned. „Never."

"Okay, then I don't know what you did, but you're glowing."

"Thanks, sis." She laughed it off.

They stayed up late, catching up and gossiping. They were constantly laughing and Ann was certain they will get a noise complaint. When they decided to get some rest, Ann opened Instagram, to scroll for a little bit. She noticed an Instagram story posted by Sophie. She hesitated for a while, before opening it.

 She hesitated for a while, before opening it

Reunited and it feels so good 🤍

She stared at the photo, taking it all in. She was happy. He was happy. They were in love. And she was a fucked up mess.

She locked her phone and put it on her nightstand with a sigh. She decided a sleep will fix everything.

To her surprise it didn't. She woke up with the biggest headache ever. She groaned, pulling the covers on her head, as the morning light made it even worse. She laid like that for a couple minutes, wishing for it to go away. She heard a knock on the door.