Chapter 13

She sighed and opened her eyes. His eyes were sparkling and full of desire. No matter how much they wanted to ignore it, the connection between them was undeniable. And the forbidden fruit always tastes the best. The more they were trying to be distant, the more they wanted each other. Joe took his other hand and started running it through Ann's hair. Her heart sank at the feeling. His touch sent shivers down her spine. She could feel the tension between them rising.

„Joe..." She whispered, closing her eyes, trying to sink in the feeling.

„Shhh..." He put his finger over her lips and slowly slid it down, making her lips part a bit. She could feel his breath getting heavier.

„We can't." She said quietly as if she didn't want them to be said.

„We're all alone here. Nobody will ever know." He got even closer, their bodies now connecting. „I want you. Badly." His voice was deep, which made Ann weak on her knees.

She was speechless. He had total control over her. She wanted to say ‚no' and at the same time she wanted to say ‚yes'. But instead, she just stayed there, her body trembling at Joe's actions. The alcohol didn't help at all, only leading her into the ‚yes' side. Ann dropped her head and bit her lip, trying to get herself together. Joe placed a hand in her hair and pulled it lightly, making her look at him. That made Ann's stomach drop.

„Just say yes." He said against her lips as they were inches away from each other, their mouths almost touching. In another universe she wouldn't even say anything, but pushed him on the table and did a lot of things to him. But she knew she couldn't. It's not the time and not the place.

„Joe, you know I want to. I feel what you feel. But we can't. Not right now." She pulled back from him. He dropped his head and brushed through his curls.

„I understand." He said without even looking at Ann. He sighed and leaned against the counter.

„Hey..." she went up to him and put her hand on his cheek. „Wait for me?" She said with a hopeful tone.

„Always." He smiled softly and gave her a kiss on her forehead. „God, you're such a tease!" He screamed, fixing his sweatpants, as there was now a bulge in them. Ann couldn't help, but laugh at the view.

They cleaned up the rest of the glass and then put away all the dishes. Ann cleaned all the counters and the table in the living room as well, making it look as if there wasn't a big party here just an hour ago.

„It's pretty late." Joe said entering the room. „You can sleep here in the spare bedroom. If you want to, of course."

„Your bed is not big enough?" She smirked at him. He squinted his eyes at her.

„Control yourself, woman." They laughed and Ann agreed, as she really started to feel the tiredness hitting.

She took a quick shower, before hopping into the big bed in the spare bedroom. She covered herself and looked at the ceiling, reminiscing the whole day. There was a lot of emotions, from her seeing her mom, to the concert, to the after party and to the events after that. Even though she was tired, she couldn't fall asleep. She kept turning from one side to another and sighing every time. About half an hour passed, before she heard a notification on her phone. She turned over and unlocked it only to see a massage from Joe.

Joe: Are you sleeping?

Ann: No...

Joe: Same.

Ann: 😥

Joe: What are you wearing?

Ann: JOE