Chapter 5.

Ann was a confident person. Always the dominant one in her previous relationships. That's why it took her off guard how she was acting around that man. It was like he put a spell on her. She started to review what Jinjoo told her earlier today about him. She warned her about Joe. And she now knew why. He was hot and he knew it. He knew he can have any woman he wants. But she decided she's not going to be another toy for him. She had to pull her shit together.

She cleared her throat and adjusted herself in the chair. "So... what do you want to know?"

He smirked and leaned forward, his hands resting on the table. "Everything. You're a mystery to me."

"Okay, but first I want to know how did you find me." She crossed her arms and also gave him a smirk. Two can play this game. He chuckled and looked at the ceiling before returning to meet her eyes.

"You played for Sleepover. I went to their concert once in Seattle. And then another one in Portland. And another one in LA."

"Wow, you must be a big fan." She chuckled ironically.

"Of you, yes." She felt that she was getting red again. She knew he was going to say it and she knew it was super cheesy, but it still got her. But she knew she had to keep it together and lead the conversation. Show him, that he's not the one in control here.

"How did you know I perform at the Red Lion?" Ann continued the questioning as if they were in a principal office.

"I looked you up on Instagram. Everything's there, Ann." He shook his head and let out a chuckle, mocking her at her attempt at being serious.

"So let me get this straight. You went to the Sleepover's concert, saw me, decided to go to another concert and then one more. You got so obsessed with me, that you stalked me on Instagram and followed me to the pub I worked in and watched me from the corner like a creep." She raised her eyebrows, trying to intimidate him with that speech.

"Basically, yeah." Fail. Does this man ever get uncomfortable? "I would put it into nicer words, but yeah, that's what happened."

"Okay... now tell me why." He smiled while staring at the floor. It looked like he was recovering a memory.

"You were something else. At the first concert, I immediately noticed you and saw your confidence and professionalism on stage. You sounded amazing and after the concert I couldn't help but feel like I wanted more. So I went to the band's website and bought tickets to another concert. Again, mesmerized by you after the second one, I bought the third tickets. I felt the need to buy yet another one, but the tour was over and I saw the news that you were leaving the band. The news made me feel... weird. It felt like... fear. A fear that I'll never see you again." He finally looked up and locked eyes with her. Her confident posture now weakened at his words. "So yes, I did stalk you. Your handle was mentioned under one of the band posts. And yes, I did scroll through all your posts. And I waited to see any info as to where to find you. And finally, you posted the poster about your weekly gigs at the Red Lion. I got so excited and went to your first night. There was not a lot of people, so I hid in the corner under a baseball cap. I was mesmerized by your voice in the band, but hearing it in its full glory, just you and a microphone... That was something else. It was... addictive. I couldn't get enough." His look changed from dreamy to concerned. "I hope I didn't just scare you. Saying it all out loud now, I see it might seem a little... creepy."

That monologue felt like a dream to Ann. She couldn't read into him. One minute he's confident and acting like some kind of sex god and the next he's got the softest voice she ever heard and speaking all this beautiful things about her.

"No, Joe I'm... I'm honored." Ann gave him a reassuring smile. "I didn't expect that."

"Sorry, if I bored you." He brushed his hands through his curls.